Would bimax be a bad idea if I already have pronounced teeth?

basedred

basedred

Bronze
So basically my maxilla and mandible are recessed and I’m looking into bimax. I have one issue tho. My teeth are relatively pronounced with a slight over-bite. If I were to get bimax wouldn’t that make my problem worse. I’ve already had braces so my back teeth are straight and align quite well. It’s just that I have large teeth. Serious answers plz

Last edited:
So basically my maxilla and mandible are recessed and I’m looking into bimax. I have one issue tho. My teeth are relatively pronounced with a slight over-bite. If I were to get bimax wouldn’t that make my problem worse. I’ve already had braces so my teeth are straight and align quite well. It’s just that I have large teeth. Serious answers plz
You said you have an overbite, and then in the next sentence that your teeth "align quite well". This is an incoherent question.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Deleted member 25667, FinasterideAt17 and 1 other person
So basically my maxilla and mandible are recessed and I’m looking into bimax. I have one issue tho. My teeth are relatively pronounced with a slight over-bite. If I were to get bimax wouldn’t that make my problem worse. I’ve already had braces so my back teeth are straight and align quite well. It’s just that I have large teeth. Serious answers plz
They'll make you get braces again regardless, so you got no worries with your teeth.

If you have an overbite why would bimax make it worse? That makes no sense. BSSO/IMDO is the only way to ix it.

hope you are a mentalcel with normal alignment and bimax fucks you up more

They'll make you get braces again regardless, so you got no worries with your teeth.
If my Bimax is deemed medically necessary and insurance covers it. Will the braces be covered as well?

You would need braces again beforehand, potentially MSE or Extractions or Interproximal reduction (IPR) or placement of a TAD and retrusion of all teeth to align teeth properly before surgery. in any case would probably take 1.5-3 years of braves beforeha d

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25667
You would need braces again beforehand, potentially MSE or Extractions or Interproximal reduction (IPR) or placement of a TAD and retrusion of all teeth to align teeth properly before surgery. in any case would probably take 1.5-3 years of braves beforeha d
What if I’ve already had braces? Would it still be that long?

What if I’ve already had braces? Would it still be that long?
yes, does not matter

I had braces to as a child and am now undergoing 2.5 years of braces again (8 months in)

yes, does not matter

I had braces to as a child and am now undergoing 2.5 years of braces again (8 months in)
If my bimax is deemed medically necessary and insurance covers it. Will the braces be covered as well?

If my bimax is deemed medically necessary and insurance covers it. Will the braces be covered as well?
I dont know where you are, you have to ask your healthcare provider. Imin the same situation but the braces are not covered.

I dont know where you are, you have to ask your healthcare provider. Imin the same situation but the braces are not covered.
What so I’m gonna have to wait for 1-2 years to get bimax? If I need an extraction

How much? What country you in?
Almost 9k €but could have been done for 5k probably, chose to go with private expensive ortho. I am in Central Europe

Almost 9k €but could have been done for 5k probably, chose to go with private expensive ortho. I am in Central Europe
That’s interesting. How long do you have left with braces? And when did you start?

That’s interesting. How long do you have left with braces? And when did you start?
Like I said, I started 8 months ago and have around 22 months left, surgery will be in approx 1 - 1 1/2 years

Like I said, I started 8 months ago and have around 22 months left, surgery will be in approx 1 - 1 1/2 years
Jesus Christ… I better get moving then if I want bimax. Sorry to ask you so many questions. Thanks again

Jesus Christ… I better get moving then if I want bimax. Sorry to ask you so many questions. Thanks again
No worries and yes, better get moving. In some cases they can do a surgery first approach where you undergo surgery and then wear braces. Braves are not all that bad and not as noticeable irl as one would think so that might be an interesting option for you but it's not really up to you anyway. I can't really tell when they do surgery first, although I don't think you would qualify anyway

No worries and yes, better get moving. In some cases they can do a surgery first approach where you undergo surgery and then wear braces. Braves are not all that bad and not as noticeable irl as one would think so that might be an interesting option for you but it's not really up to you anyway. I can't really tell when they do surgery first, although I don't think you would qualify anyway
Why wouldn’t I qualify?

Why wouldn’t I qualify?
Because outwards flared teeth usually can't be treated surgery first. Your teeth would stick out like a horse's if you aligned your jaws before setting back your teeth. Not sure if that makes sense to you - it also does not really matter here, you will have to follow your surgeons advice here!

• +1
Reactions: basedred
Because outwards flared teeth usually can't be treated surgery first. Your teeth would stick out like a horse's if you aligned your jaws before setting back your teeth. Not sure if that makes sense to you - it also does not really matter here, you will have to follow your surgeons advice here!
thanks bro. Good luck with surgery