~3 year Finasteride results

sytyl

sytyl

Kraken
Before I begin with this post, I must first start with the disclaimer that what worked for me might not work for you. I'm not advocating for anybody to hop on the drug, just sharing my experience - I'm lucky to not have experienced any sides (to my knowledge) thus far. For me, hair is life and so the decision to take finasteride was not hard to make.

Some context:
I am currently 24 years old, almost 25. My grandfathers both have full heads of hair (with one being in his 70s, and the other having died in his mid 90s). My father and uncles on both sides of the family begin the MPB process in their mid-late twenties - about two-thirds began thinning at the crown while the rest receded at the temples/hairline, both groups converging to a solid NW IV-V by their mid 30s anyhow.

For whatever god forsaken reason, it was decided by whatever god out there that I'd start thinning at the crown in my early twenties, the picture below is a high quality picture taken by my parents about 3 years ago when I was about 22 years old. As you can see, the NW reaper had already started his campaign with a stealth attack from the rear rather than frontal assault (hairline was fine, and still is fine). Now, whether we can attribute this to natural MPB or MPB induced earlier than it should have by a stressful lifestyle (had just begun a full time job) is up for debate, regardless, you can see the damage below:

At that point, I was using toppik hair fibers to cover up (just a small shake from the bottle was enough to hide the damage done, so if anyone wants to cope until they get a hair transplant or wait for min/fin/dermarolling to work, this is a good cope).

I started taking fin at 1mg per day for 2 years, after the 2nd year mark I noticed my results were pretty good and dropped my dosage to about 0.5mg per day (no particular reasoning to it, before the 2 year mark I was on a different drug plan and would get the 5mg pills and split them, after the 2 year mark my drug plan changed and I was able to get the 1mg pills for a lot cheaper and split them)

Here is the state of my crown right now, in the first picture I have brushed my hair forward and in the 2nd picture, my hair is in its natural resting position - I had also shampooed today so my hair is as dry as it can be so there's no bias from natural hair oils causing the hair to look more dense than it actually is (you'll also have to forgive me for the lower quality relative to the first picture posted since I'm the one taking it, took about 30 pics and these were the ones that came out best).

The last picture in the set is meant to show my hairline (pulling hair my hair back with my hand as well), my hairline has remained as it has since I started the drug, whether this is because of the drug or because the NW reaper hasn't attacked my hairline is also up for contention - I choose to believe it's the former.

This post is to serve as an example of what can happen if you respond well to finasteride, once again, please do thorough research before deciding to take a drug (I am a paranoid person in general so I had read virtually every study on it out there + had my doctor give me a blood hormone profile test for bookkeeping). Hope this was a good enough read for some of you.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Preoximerianas, SOS-Sonic, yams and 68 others
holy shit if thats u at 22

fuaaarkkkk mirin' subhuman genetics

gg on results

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Preoximerianas, .👽., kebabcoper and 22 others
Baldcell's life is so brutal.

I'm glad you nailed it man

Lifefuel for other balding bros here.

• +1
Reactions: teenagepisces and sytyl
holy shit if thats u at 22

View attachment 695692

fuaaarkkkk mirin' subhuman genetics

gg on results
yep :/
if I didn't start fin it would have stayed like that until my late 20s before thinning even more going off what happened to my father

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, Summer and goat2x
Very good results.
This should be enough to motivate every baldcel to hop on fin asap.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas, SOS-Sonic, Cidre enjoyer and 23 others
Lifefuel results

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet and sytyl
giphy.gif

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Preoximerianas, OOGABOOGA, Matthias8272 and 9 others
Just castrate yourself bro

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15306, Deleted member 6191, Copeful and 6 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, .👽., Deleted member 15306 and 19 others
how old are you now?

also did you get a smaller weiner as a result?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15306 and sytyl
  • +1
Reactions: .👽., Summer, Hades and 2 others
life fuel
tbh i didnt know fin makes hair grow again, i thought it only stopped baldness LOL life fuel im taking fin RN and i had the same problem as you ( no problem with my hairline, started on top of my hair )
LIFE FUEEEEEEEEL

• +1
No bro your dick has to shrink and be dysfunctional while taking fin... right?? :feelswah::feelswah: Vitamin B6 cures hairloss ion need tranny drugs :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: Michael Myers, Golang, Deleted member 10524 and 12 others
Good results bro. I am personally not a fan of fin but maybe I am saying it because I am not balding. What about your mental state and skin while taking fin? Did it get worse?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15306 and sytyl
Good results bro. I am personally not a fan of fin but maybe I am saying it because I am not balding. What about your mental state and skin while taking fin? Did it get worse?
My mental was completely over when I was balding, now it is only over instead of completely over :)

My skin seems fine/still look young.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191, Summer, Deleted member 10524 and 2 others
Noticed any difference on your beard growth?

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
you've been nw1 throughout though right?

• +1
Noticed any difference on your beard growth?
Still grows at the same rate/density - can still grow a beard if I want.

you've been nw1 throughout though right?
I'd say so yes. Going of family history, the crown thins/balds before the front starts to recede. I think I would be NW2 (at the hairline) by now if I didn't use fin.

• +1
Reactions: Summer, wateriswet, Stare and 1 other person
Still grows at the same rate/density - can still grow a beard if I want.

I'd say so yes. Going of family history, the crown thins/balds before the front starts to recede. I think I would be NW2 (at the hairline) by now if I didn't use fin.
mirin quick action, i'm cursed with high hairline(nw1) but not much i can do to change that

• +1
mirin quick action, i'm cursed with high hairline(nw1) but not much i can do to change that
There are surgeries to lower hairline I believe.

• +1
Reactions: Summer, Deleted member 4416 and Warlow
Before I begin with this post, I must first start with the disclaimer that what worked for me might not work for you. I'm not advocating for anybody to hop on the drug, just sharing my experience - I'm lucky to not have experienced any sides (to my knowledge) thus far. For me, hair is life and so the decision to take finasteride was not hard to make.

Some context:
I am currently 24 years old, almost 25. My grandfathers both have full heads of hair (with one being in his 70s, and the other having died in his mid 90s). My father and uncles on both sides of the family begin the MPB process in their mid-late twenties - about two-thirds began thinning at the crown while the rest receded at the temples/hairline, both groups converging to a solid NW IV-V by their mid 30s anyhow.

For whatever god forsaken reason, it was decided by whatever god out there that I'd start thinning at the crown in my early twenties, the picture below is a high quality picture taken by my parents about 3 years ago when I was about 22 years old. As you can see, the NW reaper had already started his campaign with a stealth attack from the rear rather than frontal assault (hairline was fine, and still is fine). Now, whether we can attribute this to natural MPB or MPB induced earlier than it should have by a stressful lifestyle (had just begun a full time job) is up for debate, regardless, you can see the damage below:

At that point, I was using toppik hair fibers to cover up (just a small shake from the bottle was enough to hide the damage done, so if anyone wants to cope until they get a hair transplant or wait for min/fin/dermarolling to work, this is a good cope).

I started taking fin at 1mg per day for 2 years, after the 2nd year mark I noticed my results were pretty good and dropped my dosage to about 0.5mg per day (no particular reasoning to it, before the 2 year mark I was on a different drug plan and would get the 5mg pills and split them, after the 2 year mark my drug plan changed and I was able to get the 1mg pills for a lot cheaper and split them)

Here is the state of my crown right now, in the first picture I have brushed my hair forward and in the 2nd picture, my hair is in its natural resting position - I had also shampooed today so my hair is as dry as it can be so there's no bias from natural hair oils causing the hair to look more dense than it actually is (you'll also have to forgive me for the lower quality relative to the first picture posted since I'm the one taking it, took about 30 pics and these were the ones that came out best).

The last picture in the set is meant to show my hairline (pulling hair my hair back with my hand as well), my hairline has remained as it has since I started the drug, whether this is because of the drug or because the NW reaper hasn't attacked my hairline is also up for contention - I choose to believe it's the former.

This post is to serve as an example of what can happen if you respond well to finasteride, once again, please do thorough research before deciding to take a drug (I am a paranoid person in general so I had read virtually every study on it out there + had my doctor give me a blood hormone profile test for bookkeeping). Hope this was a good enough read for some of you.

only us middle eastern guys go bald

being a middle eastern guy is the biggest first sign of subhuman genetics: 1. average or short height 2. STRONG balding genes 3. shit jaws 4. long midfaces 5. bulbous noses

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15306, Golang, BigBoy and 2 others
only us middle eastern guys go bald

being a middle eastern guy is the biggest first sign of subhuman genetics: 1. average or short height 2. STRONG balding genes 3. shit jaws 4. long midfaces 5. bulbous noses
ok, glad I am neither of those except 2 :)

• +1
Reactions: Summer, Deleted member 9072 and Short Ugly and Brown
  • +1
Lifefuel for all baldingcels. Hop on Finasteride IMMEDIATELY. Better late than never.

• +1
GJ, did you have any kind of shed?

• +1
Those are amazing results, congrats. I tried it for about 3 months a few years ago. Went off of it when I stopped getting my good mornings and my test levels dropped. If I didn't have any sides, I'd probably have continued. :(

• So Sad
Reactions: BigBoy and sytyl
Those are amazing results, congrats. I tried it for about 3 months a few years ago. Went off of it when I stopped getting my good mornings and my test levels dropped. If I didn't have any sides, I'd probably have continued. :(
Yeah like I said, I am lucky to have responded well.

GJ, did you have any kind of shed?
Can't remember as I was shedding a lot of hair anyway :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Summer and JustDoIt
Planning on starting .5 3x a week in the near future
Scared of sides

I am assuming you are brown?
I read that non European people respond better to Finn especially oriental

I’ve started to slightly diffuse thin
Am hoping I can keep my hair and grow it back plus no sides

• +1
Planning on starting .5 3x a week in the near future
Scared of sides

I am assuming you are brown?
I read that non European people respond better to Finn especially oriental

I’ve started to slightly diffuse thin
Am hoping I can keep my hair and grow it back plus no sides
fin works best for diffuse thinning I've read

• +1
Reactions: Summer, BigBoy, goat2x and 1 other person
How much do you pay? Or does insurance cover this kind of stuff?

• +1
How much do you pay? Or does insurance cover this kind of stuff?
I was on my parents drug plan when I first started it and it cost like 10 CAD for 30 5mg pills (which I would cut up into 5-6 pieces), on their drug plan 30 1mg pills would be 90 CAD - made since to go with 5mg. Once I started a new job (with a different plan), the 1mg pills cost way less, like 25 CAD a month for 30 of them which I don't mind paying. This is in Ontario btw.

• +1
Reactions: Summer and Deleted member 5891
Is this fin only, or did you also use min?

• +1
I really have 0 knowledge of this topic so would you have to use fin forever to keep your hair?

• +1
Is this fin only, or did you also use min?
Finasteride only, I tried using minoxidil but it made my heart race + was scared of sides (somehow the sides from min scared me more than those for fin), I also tried doing stuff like onion water or w.e but it was too smelly/too much work so that didn't last more than a month.

I really have 0 knowledge of this topic so would you have to use fin forever to keep your hair?
To my understanding it just slows down the hair loss process (to varying extents depending on how susceptible your hair follicles are to miniaturization as a result of dht, which finasteride reduces to about 40% of what it normally is). If I stop using it right now, in 2-3 months I'll lose whatever hair fin has "kept" me from losing. I'll probably stop using it when I'm in my late 30s when idc about my looks anymore tbh.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BigBoy, Summer, goat2x and 3 others
whats up with your family's hair genetics?
is it that bad? good results but goddamn you had very bad balding a t 22

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: wasted and sytyl
At that point, I was using toppik hair fibers to cover up
Can it use it for your hairline?

I'm balding at 17 man :feelsrope:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy and sytyl
Yes bro, as I said, both my grandfathers have/had full heads of hair in their 70s/90s respectively, so the subhuman norwooding genes came from both my grandmothers jfl. My father and his brothers all started balding in their mid-late 20's/early 30's, mother's brothers all started balding in their early-mid 20's. Game was rigged against my hair follicles from the start. The rest of my genes do be good though :feelshehe:

Can it use it for your hairline?

I'm balding at 17 man :feelsrope:
Not sure, hair fibers works best on crown/top of head.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and wasted
Dn read and just looked at the pics, mirin hard.

I started Fin only 2 months ago and I'm already seeing results, which is very rare because for most people it takes from 6 months to a year.

I'm a very good responder and your post makes me even more hopeful.

• Love it
@MarkCorrigan

im thinking of taking fin preventatively tbh, not experiencing severe hairloss.

theres almost no side-effects except for some fear-mongering retards on hairloss forums. All the clinical studies prove that fin is really well tolerated

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15306, BigBoy, 5'8manlet and 3 others
im thinking of taking fin preventatively tbh, not experiencing severe hairloss.

theres almost no side-effects except for some fear-mongering retards on hairloss forums. All the clinical studies prove that fin is really well tolerated
For most people there will be very mild sides or no sides at all, shouldn't discount people who have a bad response to it tbh. I wouldn't take it if I were you unless both sides of your family have a history of MPB.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and BigBoy
For most people there will be very mild sides or no sides at all, shouldn't discount people who have a bad response to it tbh. I wouldn't take it if I were you unless both sides of your family have a history of MPB.
so is 1 mg 3x a week just to stop hairloss, and more frequent dosing to grow back hair as well @sytyl, also did you ever use RU58841

Last edited:
  • +1
Yes bro, as I said, both my grandfathers have/had full heads of hair in their 70s/90s respectively, so the subhuman norwooding genes came from both my grandmothers jfl. My father and his brothers all started balding in their mid-late 20's/early 30's, mother's brothers all started balding in their early-mid 20's. Game was rigged against my hair follicles from the start. The rest of my genes do be good though :feelshehe:

Not sure, hair fibers works best on crown/top of head.
Damn
Is it all from your mother's side? I took 25 mg and aromasin for weeks and no hairloss whatsoever
My dad has good hair at 50 my mom's dad is pretty bad

• +1
Damn
Is it all from your mother's side? I took 25 mg and aromasin for weeks and no hairloss whatsoever
My dad has good hair at 50 my mom's dad is pretty bad
The norwooding genes must have come from both grandmothers since both grandfathers legit have/had full heads of hair.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Nice. Currently doing min and derma roll until I have a full beard.

• Woah
Vertex balding is easy as fuck to fix. Now show your temples.

• +1