Advice on hairline please

M

mheard

Iron
Hey guys. Turning 35 in a few months and am growing my hair out for the first time. I've long experienced recession in my hairline and temples and am wondering if I can get away with using long hair to cover up the recession. I've attached a picture, top row is my hair combed back completely to show my hairline, bottom row is combed how I normally style it when short. The picture might be small so just right click and open it in a new tab, should be a good size then.

Hair.jpg

I am trying to dermaroll to get some of it back but it's early stages, just a week. Afraid to try minoxidil because of potential for ED.

I'm going to try and grow it out like the guy in this video, but not sure if it'll work for me.

Any suggestions?

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro and Deleted member 18582
Don't grow your hair out if you're balding, it never looks good.

If you won't take fin, then it is best you simply stop caring about your hair altogether.

Don't grow your hair out if you're balding, it never looks good.

If you won't take fin, then it is best you simply stop caring about your hair altogether.

I know I'm receding but I think balding is a bit of an exaggeration isn't it lol?

Just shave it, bro.

I know I'm receding but I think balding is a bit of an exaggeration isn't it lol?

What's the difference between balding and receding?

Receding is balding.

What's the difference between balding and receding?

Receding is balding.

You can define it that way, but by that logic someone who has a tiny amount of recession would be considered to be balding as well.

To me balding is when it looks so bad that it looks silly to not shave it. I don't think I'm there yet.

You can define it that way, but by that logic someone who has a tiny amount of recession would be considered to be balding as well.

To me balding is when it looks so bad that it looks silly to not shave it. I don't think I'm there yet.
bald=no hair
balding=on your way to becoming bald, that is, the hair is going away

Second option looks fairly better, honestly.
I don't know if they have changed it but this forum has some genuinely good well-researched threads about baldness.
But sincerely, OP, you are curry so you have really good hair genetics, some vitamins, derma-roll and microdosing of minox should be more than enough.

bald=no hair
balding=on your way to becoming bald, that is, the hair is going away
Yes. But not everyone who is balding (by your definition) loses all their hair. For many people the recession stabilizes. I believe I'm almost at that point.

Someone who has a tiny amount of recession is balding.

Recession is a symptom of male pattern baldness.

If your hairline is receding, then you are balding.

There's no other condition on this planet besides MPD that causes your hairline to recede back.

Afraid to try minoxidil because of potential for ED.

You haven't done your research. It's not minox that increases the risk of ED, it's fin.

You need fin for optimal results BTW, I won't leave it up to prayer. Hop on it now, cause when it recedes too far back, it will be too late.

Second option looks fairly better, honestly.
I don't know if they have changed it but this forum has some genuinely good well-researched threads about baldness.
But sincerely, OP, you are curry so you have really good hair genetics, some vitamins, derma-roll and microdosing of minox should be more than enough.

Yea the first option was just for illustrative purposes, I would never comb it that way even if it was long. When I'm leaned out my hair looks ok, I'm just tired of the temple area and am looking for coverage. Figured this time around I will be reaching the lowest bodyfat I've ever been at, and can rock the long haired look easily, but wanted to see if it's realistic to expect coverage in the temple area. My hair doesn't have that naturally free flowing texture, it tends to clump together.

You haven't done your research. It's not minox that increases the risk of ED, it's fin.

You need fin for optimal results BTW, I won't leave it up to prayer. Hop on it now, cause when it recedes too far back, it will be too late.

I might have to try it then. I just don't like the idea of side effects with any drugs as it relates to hair, I remember back when I was very young I used hair spray once and it seemed like overnight I lost a significant chunk of my hairline. Worried that if I use minox it could cause some crazy reaction and screw up my hairline completely. Will have to do some research.

You look old as shit lol

Wtf we got 35 yo men joining.

Second pictures are fine for your age, thanks to your hair genetic, supplement and maybe microneedle if you're too afraid to use minox in small dose lol.

I would honestly focus on other things, your skin looks bad and you look bloated af.

You look old as shit lol

Bad pics tbh. Selfie camera distorts images. I frequently get told I look mid 20s. I also had to copy/paste each pic and resize it so it may have caused blurriness which makes my skin look terrible in these pics. I could post a non blurry pic and you'd see my skin is better.

Wtf we got 35 yo men joining.

Second pictures are fine for your age, thanks to your hair genetic, supplement and maybe microneedle if you're too afraid to use minox in small dose lol.

I would honestly focus on other things, your skin looks bad and you look bloated af.

Yea I've never had issues with my looks, just figured now was the time to ask about hair because it started receding more than I was comfortable with recently.

You're right, I'm at a high bodyfat due to the pandemic. I am trying to get down to single digit bodyfat, should be there in a few months.

Also starting a skincare routine.

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
Bad pics tbh. Selfie camera distorts images. I frequently get told I look mid 20s.

Yea I've never had issues with my looks, just figured now was the time to ask about hair because it started receding more than I was comfortable with recently.

You're right, I'm at a high bodyfat due to the pandemic. I am trying to get down to single digit bodyfat, should be there in a few months.

Also starting a skincare routine.
Good, keep going forward bro

It's time to fly business class to Istanbul. Godspeed brother.

You should have been on fin years ago, best to start now and get a hair transplant, if you are low inhib then go with dutasteride and oral minox

You are balding, people think they arent because its a slow process but the time its noticeable then its too late

Okay were really splitting hairs now arent we :LOL:
get it

At 35 your best option is to just get a transplant. I can't see your donor zone but your hair looks reasonably thick.

I think fin + temples hair transplant is needed

You don't even have a particularly good hairline for a 35 year old. You have an average/worse than average hairline for that age, and you're scoffing at people who are telling you that you're balding. Why make posts asking for looksmaxxing advice when every single one of your replies is disregarding advice and reaffirming how good you look? I understand self confidence and that most people here just comment for negativity, but there is genuine advice...