Chewing Megathread

one thing I've learned. you can never pretend that something is something when it's something else
I prefer to chew on incisors than cutting fabrics with my incisors.
To clarify : I prefer to bite on a mouth-guard.

P.S.: I am testing a method. I'll tell you what if it works but already some positive changes in 4/5 days.

Last edited:
It is due to when chewing with the incisors, you push the food/gum into the top teeth which acts as a medium to transport the force into the frontal part of the maxilla which will rotate it differently than applying the force to the back of the maxilla

ya studies have showed that people with larger masseters have a more CW rotated maxilla which means they have a longer midface (not necessarily super long, just longer than it would be if they didn’t chew a lot on their molars)
Oh shit, so chewing actually creates downswing? Can you link the studies

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
would chewing for 5 min in morning and 5 mins at night with inscisor a be enough to get the benefits from inscisor chewing mentioned?

• +1
Will chewing normal gum give any result whatsoever

• +1
Is this thread cope? Can I really shorten my midface by incisor chewing?

• +1
so basically chewing with your incisors will develop your browrige and give you hunter eyes?
My nigga this is why gatekeeping is bs. This was well known and commonly known 3 years ago on this forum and the fact I have archived 919383 threads and studies confirming just this one fact is proof of this.

• +1
Reactions: anticel
bro
Recently there has been a lot of talk about incisor chewing, and prior to that k9 chewing, all of these serve separate purposes for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Chewing imo is the most underrated looksmax for how easy it is, it is very likely that you can remodel your bones in a relatively short period of time if you chew strenuously, the same mewers who will torture themselves for months on end getting the back third of the tongue up are ironically the same ones who pass up this giga easy looksmax. Chewing has the potential to remodel bone very fast due to the absurd amount of forces

The jaw elevator muscles develop the main forces used in mastication. The force generated during routine mastication of food such as carrots or meat is about 70 to 150 newtons (16 to 34 lbf). The maximum masticatory force in some people may reach up to 500 to 700 newtons (110 to 160 lbf). Being we are aspies and can chew 5+ pieces of hard ass falim, and build up the strength of our masseters from constant chewing, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to exert 350+ Newtons of force per mastication.

To compare how significant this is maxilla protraction is generally done with 10 Newtons, and the tongue can exert around 5 while hard mewing, so it is safe to say that chewing is 60x more force than your tongue, making it an extremely potent change for actual bone change, many people when thinking of chewing only look at it as a way to build masseters, but this is simply a bonus.

Daily spurts of cyclic load caused sutural strain throughout the skull. The regime likely enhances suture growth and may be therapeutically useful. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6361671/

This means that sutural growth is possible from forces that only take place for few minutes a day, and sutural growth is essentially what you need to make change in bone, past age 12 the sutures begin mature (and while they dont fuse til very late in life, they become very hard to stimulate growth from), chewing opens up an opportunity with the insanely high forces as a gateway to awaken these dormant sutures.

While that should of provided some helpful background info on chewing, this is part of the thread that will help you actually change your bone, based on your method(s) of chewing, you can get any of the following assuming you follow the proper protocal:

Decreased midface length (or increase if your midface is overly compact)

Increasing orbitals more compact

Making cheekbones higherset

Increasing forward growth (maximizing really)

Can make your sutures more responsive to generating new growth

Remodels the jawbone itsself to be more robust

There is also the possibility of increasing the length of your maxilla laterally from some of @SayNoToRotting 's reported changing and some studies also talk about the association of masseter muscles and maxillary transverse width, but this might not be possible past the age where the midpalatal suture becomes dormant, as I do not think chewing directly will interfere with this suture, and that is the main hindering factor for transverse expansion (hence you get MSE to split this suture to allow for growth)

Since many of you retards suffer from the extreme disability of reading a thread past 100 words, i will list what you need to do for what changes, but if you are interested i will explain the mechanisms later on.

Decreasing midface length- chew with the incisors

Increasing midface length- chew with back molars

Making cheekbones higherset- chew with first molar to first premolar

Making orbitals more compact- chew with first molar to first premolar and incisors

Maximizing forward growth- chew with the incisors

Weakening sutures for moving the maxilla forward (will give much quicker mewing/facepulling results)- chew with incisors

Remodelling mandible to be more robust- any chewing method will give this change

You can combine methods as long as they dont contradict each other, incisor chewing vs back molar chewing, personally i will be chewing falim for one hour on incisors and one hour on my molar-premolar for an hour as well.

Mechanisms: Chewing on your incisors will apply an upward force to the anterior part of the maxilla inducing a CCW rotation, while inversely molar chewing will cause a CW maxilla rotation, CCW rotation will also move the orbitals upwards

The upper/middle part of the maxilla are located relatively at around the center of the maxilla (the center of resistance is here as well), meaning that for a upwards translation of the cheekbones you need to chew with the teeth located in the middle part of the maxilla, as tipping the ends will not influence the center, this is the same mechanism that pertains to the orbitals becoming more compact, as the maxilla translates upward, so do the orbitals and zygos which will lead to highset zygos + more compact orbitals

Since when developing we are lacking the support of the tongue which would cause us to grow vetically instead of forward, we all have a bit of CW rotation built into us, when there is CW rotation it lessens forward growth, by correcting it you will gain forward growth as well, it is similar to gaining height from fixing posture, you aren't actually growing, just maximizing what you have
View attachment 480037
the blackline is your maxilla, both lines have the same amount of pixels, yet when you rotate a heavily clockwise maxilla, just by default you will gain a ton of forward movement. (this was an exaggeration, you arent going to have this level of rotational change)

the mechanism behind the sutures being weakened is too complex to try to explain so

start chewing nibbas
you coppied this nigga

• +1
I rebuked your opinion in your other thread, i can't be asked reposting it. I agree with your claim that the astronomical forces exerted during hard mastication could induce sutural growth, possibly, but in terms of bone REMODELLING, the tongue would surely be the key factor. The way I think of it is, continuous force/posture= remodelling, and for lack of a better phrase, masticatory HIIT= bone growth
You didn’t rebuke anything.

Recently there has been a lot of talk about incisor chewing, and prior to that k9 chewing, all of these serve separate purposes for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Chewing imo is the most underrated looksmax for how easy it is, it is very likely that you can remodel your bones in a relatively short period of time if you chew strenuously, the same mewers who will torture themselves for months on end getting the back third of the tongue up are ironically the same ones who pass up this giga easy looksmax. Chewing has the potential to remodel bone very fast due to the absurd amount of forces

The jaw elevator muscles develop the main forces used in mastication. The force generated during routine mastication of food such as carrots or meat is about 70 to 150 newtons (16 to 34 lbf). The maximum masticatory force in some people may reach up to 500 to 700 newtons (110 to 160 lbf). Being we are aspies and can chew 5+ pieces of hard ass falim, and build up the strength of our masseters from constant chewing, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to exert 350+ Newtons of force per mastication.

To compare how significant this is maxilla protraction is generally done with 10 Newtons, and the tongue can exert around 5 while hard mewing, so it is safe to say that chewing is 60x more force than your tongue, making it an extremely potent change for actual bone change, many people when thinking of chewing only look at it as a way to build masseters, but this is simply a bonus.

Daily spurts of cyclic load caused sutural strain throughout the skull. The regime likely enhances suture growth and may be therapeutically useful. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6361671/

This means that sutural growth is possible from forces that only take place for few minutes a day, and sutural growth is essentially what you need to make change in bone, past age 12 the sutures begin mature (and while they dont fuse til very late in life, they become very hard to stimulate growth from), chewing opens up an opportunity with the insanely high forces as a gateway to awaken these dormant sutures.

While that should of provided some helpful background info on chewing, this is part of the thread that will help you actually change your bone, based on your method(s) of chewing, you can get any of the following assuming you follow the proper protocal:

There is also the possibility of increasing the length of your maxilla laterally from some of @SayNoToRotting 's reported changing and some studies also talk about the association of masseter muscles and maxillary transverse width, but this might not be possible past the age where the midpalatal suture becomes dormant, as I do not think chewing directly will interfere with this suture, and that is the main hindering factor for transverse expansion (hence you get MSE to split this suture to allow for growth)

Since many of you retards suffer from the extreme disability of reading a thread past 100 words, i will list what you need to do for what changes, but if you are interested i will explain the mechanisms later on.

Making orbitals more compact- chew with first molar to first premolar and incisors

Weakening sutures for moving the maxilla forward (will give much quicker mewing/facepulling results)- chew with incisors

Remodelling mandible to be more robust- any chewing method will give this change

You can combine methods as long as they dont contradict each other, incisor chewing vs back molar chewing, personally i will be chewing falim for one hour on incisors and one hour on my molar-premolar for an hour as well.

Mechanisms: Chewing on your incisors will apply an upward force to the anterior part of the maxilla inducing a CCW rotation, while inversely molar chewing will cause a CW maxilla rotation, CCW rotation will also move the orbitals upwards

The upper/middle part of the maxilla are located relatively at around the center of the maxilla (the center of resistance is here as well), meaning that for a upwards translation of the cheekbones you need to chew with the teeth located in the middle part of the maxilla, as tipping the ends will not influence the center, this is the same mechanism that pertains to the orbitals becoming more compact, as the maxilla translates upward, so do the orbitals and zygos which will lead to highset zygos + more compact orbitals

Since when developing we are lacking the support of the tongue which would cause us to grow vetically instead of forward, we all have a bit of CW rotation built into us, when there is CW rotation it lessens forward growth, by correcting it you will gain forward growth as well, it is similar to gaining height from fixing posture, you aren't actually growing, just maximizing what you have
View attachment 480037
the blackline is your maxilla, both lines have the same amount of pixels, yet when you rotate a heavily clockwise maxilla, just by default you will gain a ton of forward movement. (this was an exaggeration, you arent going to have this level of rotational change)

the mechanism behind the sutures being weakened is too complex to try to explain so

start chewing nibbas
The main problem with chewing for me is the insane anterior temporalis pump and potential gum recession from such forceful chewing. Idk if my temporalis will actually hypertrophy and give me an alien look, but it seems like it probably will. I also don’t know if I will end up with more gum recession (braces in late 20s gave me gum recession), but it seems like a possibility.

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
DNR

Worked for me as a kid. Chewing gum is underrated if u do it like all day. Not that good for teeth tho.

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
what can i chew on ?

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
But then how is it that there people with bruxism and massive masseters that are still recesses af?

is it ok if you chew with incisors while having an overbite?

• +1
Someone got a link? I'd love to read this.

All my logic revolved around some basic physics principles. (Stealing OP's #s)

Tongue ~ 10-12 N forward / up vector (assuming CW tilt if posture is correct)
Gravity ~ 9 N down vector

Jaw clenching/chewing ~ 80-700 N diagonally forward / up vector (assuming CW tilt if posture is correct)
Gravity ~ 9 N down vector
_______
Net Mewing force (depending upon angle) ~ 1-10 N forward / up vector
Net Biting/Chewing force (depending upon angle) ~ 71-691 N forward / up vector
Legend

@retard Reviving a great thread here. I want to add a recommendation.

Incisor chewing is stupid. Incisors were meant for biting with extreme force, not repetitive motion to mush food.

Purchase a sports mouthguard and bite down hard on the incisors onto it for CCW maxilla rotation. This combined with interchanging with mastic gum on molars will produce optimal facial development. Mouthguards prevent you from grinding your teeth enamel on a hard surface.

You rarely see NFL players who use mouthguards have recessed maxillas outside of QBs, punters, or kickers. NFL players often have optimal facial development and improved airways, hence why they are professional athletes.

Chewing mastic and biting a mouthguard gave me hunter eyes and decreased my gonial angle from 130 to almost 105. I'm 24 too lol

This thread is literally the solution to everything facial development-wise, but most people aren't intelligent enough to connect the dots.

This is a lengthy first post, but fuck it right?

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
I am an overbite cel , will incisor chewing work for me

I got so much knowledge from this post bro will read every word again to make sure I understand

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Spiritualcell
Bump

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
anyway to chew using only temporalis muscle?

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
would chewing so much promote smile lines?

I think you want to try to not use temporalis muscle if I am not mistaken?
No I wanna use the temporalis I have very wide cheekbones and jaw but my forehead isn't as wide I wanna make it wider

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
Very good tread

god damn you are retarded can you fucken read??

1593390982490.png

i literally said that multiple times in the thread you absolute subhuman, you are so easy to see through you pathetic cuck, you think you are superior because youre autistic and got iq tested and now you base your entire pathetic identity around it trying to prove that you are indeed high iq but the sad fact is you probably got tested like 4 times and got subhuman scores the other times and now as a cope to convince your self that you really are high iq and you go bragging about it to incel forums "muh i got tested by state education department" and use big words to reaffirm yourself that you arent retarded like you truly know you are so you dont have an identity crisis as your entire sense of superiority stems from the false perception that you arent utterly retarded

Struggled to understand you still ngl. And still don't.
[edit]

9 pages? Fuck this.

All I got was to focus on molars for an hour then switch to incisors. It's when you're being simple is when it makes practical sense. Tell it to me like I am 5, with a developmental vision for my future.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist and infini
It's all bullshit he made up
And I didn't even understand a single sentence what he was trying to say, jfl.

Guess I'll order mastic or falim after invisalign.

@retard what are you saying?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
makes my lower row of teeth hurt like shit
i dont feel anything on the top row of teeth