Has anyone had tongue-tie removal surgery?

B

Broski

Zephir
I'm confident that I have a tongue (and lip) tie. It kinda looks like this photo Tbh I thought everyone has that line thing under their tongue, but it now makes sense why I used to have to see a speech therapist when I was younger and why I cant mew properly or trill my r when I speak.

Has anyone had this removed? I want it removed so I can speak better and also mew properly and possibly straighten my teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis
I'm confident that I have a tongue (and lip) tie. It kinda looks like this photo Tbh I thought everyone has that line thing under their tongue, but it now makes sense why I used to have to see a speech therapist when I was younger and why I cant mew properly or trill my r when I speak.

Has anyone had this removed? I want it removed so I can speak better and also mew properly and possibly straighten my teeth.
View attachment 2570275

good advice imo

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Broski
he struggles with the "s" sound like in voice or patients for example
He sounded way worse before its still a major improvement I legit thought he had autism at first

• +1
you will swallow ur own tongue

I had it lasered off, didnt notice shit lol. Still worth as fuk the tongue tie is extremely frustrating for mewing, literally cant do it without tongue tie. You need to stretch a lot in the healing phase

• +1
I had it lasered off, didnt notice shit lol. Still worth as fuk the tongue tie is extremely frustrating for mewing, literally cant do it without tongue tie. You need to stretch a lot in the healing phase
how long and hard are the stretches? I heard your tongue can reheal in a worse position in some cases. Is the procedure quick and cheap?

how long and hard are the stretches? I heard your tongue can reheal in a worse position in some cases. Is the procedure quick and cheap?
Pretty excruciating tbh, you have a wound still there bleeding with food getting inside and have to stretch as much as possible. mine was lasered off too and even then it was painful, pretty sure other places cut it physically. I think mine barely improved because I didnt stretch as much as I shouldve, but the doctor said I still improved quite a bit. Ive been stretching for years now and can barely stretch beyond the upper lip

• +1
@IAMNOTANINCEL why did you follow me?