Hoodingmaxxing/CTmaxxing 101

This shit works seriously. One of the best cheap methods on the site, I fell the ice bath on my face is good for my skin quality too

• +1
Reactions: 189
Yes, preferably with ice cubes in it
Can it Still be done if I just put my bath water to the coldest setting or does it defenietly need ice cubes or water of the temps tire that ice cubes would give it. Also great thread good idea and definitely notable results

I'll try to explain
You basically raise your eyebrows, (then you should maybe notice that the eyelid is kinda rolled up deep right below your orbital bone (maybe not if not recessed))
make a short blink so it becomes flat
And then you push your brow fat pad down over the eyel
Hope itcs understandable
I think I understand I’m trying to imagine it basically raise eyebrows up and then blink and push the eyebrow fat pas down is this the idea? Also when I blink should my eyebrows come down to or just my eyelids and during the whole time my eyes are underwater should I still be pushing down on my fat pads or should I let go and just have my face in.

Last edited:
Can it Still be done if I just put my bath water to the coldest setting or does it defenietly need ice cubes or water of the temps tire that ice cubes would give it. Also great thread good idea and definitely notable results
Depends on where you live, but the water should be at fridge temperature, so around 7°C are a good temp to start with
Holding the face under a cold shower also works because it's flowing so it is a lot colder on the skin

I think I understand I’m trying to imagine it basically raise eyebrows up and then blink and push the eyebrow fat pas down is this the idea? Also when I blink should my eyebrows come down to or just my eyelids and during the whole time my eyes are underwater should I still be pushing down on my fat pads or should I let go and just have my face in.
I think you understood that wrong, this is the hooding trick to lap the fat pad over the eyelid, good for pictures, don't do that while having your face underwater
Also yeah raise the brows, open the eyes and pull the brows over the eyelids

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
I read and skimmed through the entire thread.

What is UEE and what is CCW?

I hardly know anything about adipose tissue but just some thoughts. If increasing fat around the eyes is an adaptation to the cold, wouldn't longer periods of moderate coldness be more effective then shorter periods of more intense cold? I would think that facing down on a massage table and using a split garden hose pointing upward at each eye would probably be a good way to get an hour of moderate coldness but nobody has that kind of setup. I'm guessing that sauna use would be a bad idea while trying to do this if the ideal condition is to be cool or cold at all times for months, so winter is the best time to maintain that state of constant cool or cold.

OP. Did you stop icing your eyes for an entire month at any point to see if it recessed?

I read and skimmed through the entire thread.

What is UEE and what is CCW?

I hardly know anything about adipose tissue but just some thoughts. If increasing fat around the eyes is an adaptation to the cold, wouldn't longer periods of moderate coldness be more effective then shorter periods of more intense cold? I would think that facing down on a massage table and using a split garden hose pointing upward at each eye would probably be a good way to get an hour of moderate coldness but nobody has that kind of setup. I'm guessing that sauna use would be a bad idea while trying to do this if the ideal condition is to be cool or cold at all times for months, so winter is the best time to maintain that state of constant cool or cold.

OP. Did you stop icing your eyes for an entire month at any point to see if it recessed?
UEE = upper eyelid exposure
CCW = counter clockwise rotation of the maxilla, basically the maxilla turning upside

Don't know why there are so many new members here lol, read the glossary, every word/lingo is in there

And to the last part, yes continuos cold exposure is the goal, that's why you should do it over the span of 4-6 months for permanent results
I also discovered this in the winter while ice bathing, so it's an adaptation to the cold
Regular cold isn't effective tho, you need to bring the skin temperature down to the surrounding air/water to induce an adaptation
Right now I haven't done any ice on the eyes for like 6 weeks and the hooding didn't really change, so it seems to be permanent now after half a year

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
UEE = upper eyelid exposure
CCW = counter clockwise rotation of the maxilla, basically the maxilla turning upside

Don't know why there are so many new members here lol, read the glossary, every word/lingo is in there

And to the last part, yes continuos cold exposure is the goal, that's why you should do it over the span of 4-6 months for permanent results
I also discovered this in the winter while ice bathing, so it's an adaptation to the cold
Regular cold isn't effective tho, you need to bring the skin temperature down to the surrounding air/water to induce an adaptation
Right now I haven't done any ice on the eyes for like 6 weeks and the hooding didn't really change, so it seems to be permanent now after half a year

It depends how cold. Maybe a longer session of 40 degrees exposure might be more effective then a short session of 20 degrees. 40 degrees water would transfer temperature more effectively then 40 degrees air. I would rather not make it an hour long thing but it might be more effective and similar to living in a cold climate where the adaption would be natural. We also know that health benefits can be attained through short high but high intensity exposure to temperatures too like saunas and cryotherapy. It seems like the ice method works but I'm curious about what causes this.

Because you and others are doing the whole face, are there any other observations besides eye area and how about under eyes and nasolobial folds?

Sup guys,
this is kind of a guide to increase your eye hooding by increasing the fat in that region. Yes, this is mostly lifefuel for guys with fucked up orbitals like me and the progress is fast.

How To:
Basically you want to expose your eye region to cold water (<7°C), be it a full on ice bath with putting your face inside the water aswell or (don't have experience with that) just putting your face in ice cold water. The cold exposure stimulates increased fat storage in those delicate regions around your eyeballs and voilà you can even see it directly afterwards.

The Theory:
Generally it is known that Cold Thermogenesis/Cold Therapy (Wim Hof and especially Jack Kruse deliver awesome information on this) puts your body in a fat burning mode, as the cold basically "melts" your fat cells, that's why many surgeons nowadays offer cryotherapy, because it works.
Longer exposures like ice bathing stimulate the production of brown adipose tissue especially in your upper torso, brown adipose tissue doesn't insulate and doesn't store fat like your basic white adipose tissue, it burns fat into heat, that's why Wim Hof and all the Himalayan monks can live easily in the cold, because they radiate heat.
Cold Thermogenesis has many many other benefits but for now let's get back to the eyes.

I was wondering why the fat around my eyes was basically nonexistent and why the body doesn't want to store fat there even though the eye area should be one of the last body regions to have little fat, because it's crucial for the health and protection of the eyes. I just don't want to pay so much for fat grafting jfl
The word protection of the eyes then striked through my mind, fat around the eyes is there to protect them...from the cold because of its insulation etc.

Since I've been ice bathing for over 2 months now and my cold resistance increased substantially and I thought hey why not dunk my face in the water aswell.
How I instantly knew afterwards that this will work was that only the skin around my eyes was red, the rest of the face was normal. The skin turns red, where the most heat is being produced (upper chest, upper back and now the orbital region). I'm not sure if this method works with exposing only the face or if you need that full body cold in addition, that's up to you for experimenting

To sum it up/ Routine:
Fat around the eyeball should be a normal thing for a human being as it protects the eyes from the cold.
As a routine I suggest to either do it daily or every second day, you either have cold water outside, maybe in your garden idk or you just buy/take icecubes in a bag OR make ice water in a bowl. You put your face in the water for as long as you can, this will hurt like hell in the beginning because your face/skin isn't used to expand your veins beneath the skin, but everytime it's gonna be 1. more comfortable and 2. easier to do it for extended periods of time, eventually being able to comfortably apply ice bags on other regions of your body, like your belly, to burn fat.

To show you that it works really fucking fast, because the eye region is so thin and small, I include three pics, 2 from a month ago, 1 from now without squinting and the eye hooding trick, and 1 with the eye hooding trick + squinting (bad quality tho sorry)
As you can see the UEE is significantly smaller now and my eyebrows improved aswell with castor+mint+argan mix

Thanks for reading
FALSE

Depends on where you live, but the water should be at fridge temperature, so around 7°C are a good temp to start with
Holding the face under a cold shower also works because it's flowing so it is a lot colder on the skin

I think you understood that wrong, this is the hooding trick to lap the fat pad over the eyelid, good for pictures, don't do that while having your face underwater
Also yeah raise the brows, open the eyes and pull the brows over the eyelids
Say it's good for the skin, maybe your mum will try it aswell happened to me jfl
And if you still wanna do it with ice, Marke sure that there's some water in the bag aswell so it can adapt its form to the surface and that the bag on the outside aswell as your skin is wet
So it transfers the cold more effectively

Also when

Oh so or the cold water I should just put my face in closed eyes no tricks just simply like that

It depends how cold. Maybe a longer session of 40 degrees exposure might be more effective then a short session of 20 degrees. 40 degrees water would transfer temperature more effectively then 40 degrees air. I would rather not make it an hour long thing but it might be more effective and similar to living in a cold climate where the adaption would be natural. We also know that health benefits can be attained through short high but high intensity exposure to temperatures too like saunas and cryotherapy. It seems like the ice method works but I'm curious about what causes this.

Because you and others are doing the whole face, are there any other observations besides eye area and how about under eyes and nasolobial folds?
Yeah all of this is to simulate winter for your skin, obviously you can't have an icepack on your eyes 24/7 now so that's why short duration "bursts" of cold work aswell
For the rest of the face it behaves like cryotherapy, less bloat, leaning up of the cheeks
For undereyes it doesn't do that much sadly and with nasolabial folds I didn't notice anything
Also when

Oh so or the cold water I should just put my face in closed eyes no tricks just simply like that
Yes

• +1
Reactions: Mad Science
For undereyes it doesn't do that much sadly and with nasolabial folds I didn't notice anything
You could try capsaicin for your nasolabial folds, I cut a chilli in half and rub it on the folds. I did this every 3 days or so and my folds are much reduced now. They used to make face cream with capsaicin: https://www.prweb.com/releases/blairlab/biocap/prweb571663.htm
If you do this be careful not to get any near your eyes, it will make your face red and burn for a few hours if you use a hot enough chilli.

• +1
Reactions: fachero17 and NoBonezForMoanz

giphy.gif

You could try capsaicin for your nasolabial folds, I cut a chilli in half and rub it on the folds. I did this every 3 days or so and my folds are much reduced now. They used to make face cream with capsaicin: https://www.prweb.com/releases/blairlab/biocap/prweb571663.htm
If you do this be careful not to get any near your eyes, it will make your face red and burn for a few hours if you use a hot enough chilli.
Hmm alright, capsaicin is said to stimulate blood flow and even convert subcutaneous fat to browish fat iirc
But by "not noticed anything" I meant that nothing changed as I don't have any and they did not get worse or smth like that so it's all good, but good to know about the capsaicin
Yeah not worth my reaction

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9072 and Deleted member 9670
Do you think those masks like the one Patrick Bateman wore would do the job?

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
Hmm alright, capsaicin is said to stimulate blood flow and even convert subcutaneous fat to browish fat iirc
But by "not noticed anything" I meant that nothing changed as I don't have any and they did not get worse or smth like that so it's all good, but good to know about the capsaicin

Yeah not worth my reaction
could it just be the eyebrows becoming more low set, or upper eyelid exposure receiving more circulation or is it actual fat pads?

could it just be the eyebrows becoming more low set, or upper eyelid exposure receiving more circulation or is it actual fat pads?
Honestly man, why don’t you just try it already jfl, you’re a good user but god damn you beat around the bush

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz and Deleted member 9072
Honestly man, why don’t you just try it already jfl, you’re a good user but god damn you beat around the bush
true i've been so lazy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382, NoBonezForMoanz and SteveRogers

There's no reason why this would lower the brows. There's only 2 things that can be happening. Either beige adipose tissue forms in the upper eyelids or the cold is boosting circulation to the upper eyelids increasing collagen and skin thickness to create the hooding. It looks like something is working in this thread.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, NoBonezForMoanz, Yo momma and 1 other person
Do you think those masks like the one Patrick Bateman wore would do the job?
Eh, they probably don't fit that well in the skin leaving air space and all that
You could try it but you'd have to wet it and wear it for a loong time, report back tho, interested if it's a possible passive solution that you can do while doing other things, tho 5 min twice a day with water/ice really aren't much you know haha

True @brbbrah you're already red bro just try it wtf haha
There's no reason why this would lower the brows. There's only 2 things that can be happening. Either beige adipose tissue forms in the upper eyelids or the cold is boosting circulation to the upper eyelids increasing collagen and skin thickness to create the hooding. It looks like something is working in this thread.
The skin thickness stays the same I've noticed so it has to be fat
And now that there's more mass and stretched skin under the brows it pulls them down a bit, that would be my explanation on the brow lowering effect it had on mine

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9072
Eh, they probably don't fit that well in the skin leaving air space and all that
You could try it but you'd have to wet it and wear it for a loong time, report back tho, interested if it's a possible passive solution that you can do while doing other things, tho 5 min twice a day with water/ice really aren't much you know haha

True @brbbrah you're already red bro just try it wtf haha

The skin thickness stays the same I've noticed so it has to be fat
And now that there's more mass and stretched skin under the brows it pulls them down a bit, that would be my explanation on the brow lowering effect it had on mine
He is a lazy sand nigger, let him be

• Ugh..
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 6382
this thread needs to be kept alive
no fuck this thread, it has 23k views
fucking fags in sicily gonna start walking around with hunter eyes
dlt this thread

• JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, conformable, Deleted member 8988 and 1 other person
fucking fags in sicily gonna walk around with hunter eyes
dlt this thread
Sicily, the largest Mediterranean island, is just off the "toe" of Italy's "boot." Its rich history is reflected in sites like the Valley of the Temples, the well-preserved ruins of 7 monumental, Doric-style Greek temples, and in the Byzantine mosaics at the Cappella Palatina, a former royal chapel in capital city Palermo. On Sicily’s eastern edge is Mount Etna, one of Europe’s highest active volcanoes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382
Sicily, the largest Mediterranean island, is just off the "toe" of Italy's "boot." Its rich history is reflected in sites like the Valley of the Temples, the well-preserved ruins of 7 monumental, Doric-style Greek temples, and in the Byzantine mosaics at the Cappella Palatina, a former royal chapel in capital city Palermo. On Sicily’s eastern edge is Mount Etna, one of Europe’s highest active volcanoes.
Indeed son, anchor of western civilization

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz and Deleted member 9072
fucking fags in sicily gonna start walking around with hunter eyes
dlt this thread
Don't know if I should lock this thread and let it become a literal diamond somewhere deep down in this forum, especially now that probably everyone has seen it already
It helped those who are open and remains indifferent to the blind
And I don't need that fake dopamine lol there isn't any more knowledge I can use for ascending so keeping this thread calm would probably be a good idea tbh

• +1
Reactions: damnit, Deleted member 5875, Deleted member 5891 and 5 others
Don't know if I should lock this thread and let it become a literal diamond somewhere deep down in this forum, especially now that probably everyone has seen it already
And I don't need that fake dopamine lol there isn't any more knowledge I can use for ascending so keeping this thread calm would probably be a good idea tbh
lock it tbh lol

you have done your part and have helped 23,000 people. Thank you, now it is time to lock or delete this thread.

• WTF
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and Deleted member 9072
Wow I already have a above average eye area ( the only part of my face that is) but if this shit is legit I gonna have a top tier one

• +1
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz
you have done your part and have helped 23,000 people. Thank you, now it is time to lock or delete this thread.
sure lock it by why the fuck delete it dumbass

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and Deleted member 6382

Can you even edit the OP? It would be good to make a new thread that's updated with everything discovered along the way from this thread all in the new OP. Lock this one when the new one is ready and pray that nobody shitpost in it. It's strenuous to read through all 16 pages of this thread and I don't feel like taking the effort to contribute real research with everything scattered.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
anyone seen under eye results?

Also just put in best-of
That way only registered users with >100 reputation can see

Can you even edit the OP? It would be good to make a new thread that's updated with everything discovered along the way from this thread all in the new OP. Lock this one when the new one is ready and pray that nobody shitpost in it. It's strenuous to read through all 16 pages of this thread and I don't feel like taking the effort to contribute real research with everything scattered.
Can't edit the op from what I'm seeing
Maybe I could ask a mod to edit the op, because a new one will 100% be shitposted into
Especially that it would be seen as rep farming lol

Also just put in best-of
That way only registered users with >100 reputation can see
Might to this aswell, but in the early stages of this thread it was unpinned because "muh fillers are quicker" so I don't know what the opinion is nowadays, still not sure what to do

We've got
1. Edit the op so it becomes easier to read
2. Best of Best
3. Lock and forget + editing the op?
When I'll have some more free time I will do one of those

I get a pump around my cheekbones and cheeks when I rub ice on my face, so I assume there's beige fat there also. Don't know if that will make me look leaner or more bloated

I get a pump around my cheekbones and cheeks when I rub ice on my face, so I assume there's beige fat there also. Don't know if that will make me look leaner or more bloated
Depends, if you do it intensely enough the whole face will become red, like your hands do in winter
That will be just blood flow in general, no fat activation
If you're scared about it just do the icewater bowl method and don't do it that cold yet to ease into it, but there shouldn't be any problems due to the redness, ice is just super cold on the skin and it turns mine red in like 10 seconds already

Depends, if you do it intensely enough the whole face will become red, like your hands do in winter
That will be just blood flow in general, no fat activation
If you're scared about it just do the icewater bowl method and don't do it that cold yet to ease into it, but there shouldn't be any problems due to the redness, ice is just super cold on the skin and it turns mine red in like 10 seconds already

@MarkCorrigan

@MarkCorrigan

I stopped doing it for my eyes cause they were getting too hooded and made me like an angry retard all the time

• JFL
Reactions: 6485b025t, NoBonezForMoanz and Deleted member 9072
Good thread bro, I'll be trying this!

Gonna try this.
Do you shut your eyes tightly or do you just shut them lightly and maybe even pull up your eyebrows?
I have some hooding and if I shut my eyes tightly, the fat is protecting my eye from the cold, so I wonder if that is counter productive?

Gonna try this.
Do you shut your eyes tightly or do you just shut them lightly and maybe even pull up your eyebrows?
I have some hooding and if I shut my eyes tightly, the fat is protecting my eye from the cold, so I wonder if that is counter productive?
Shut them in a way that allows the cold touch the whole eyelid directly, simple as that

• +1
Reactions: fachero17
TLDR: op says cold showers give you hunter eyes

• JFL
Reactions: NoBonezForMoanz
Would red light therapy undo this because it not only rejuvinates the skin but it sheds fat too?

• +1