HOW TO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT U LOOK LIKE ( LENS DISTORTIONCELS GTFH)

D

Deleted member 32514

im a changed man
You, like many others may look good asf irl but when it comes to pictures u look like dogshit. Why is that ?
Thats called lens distortion, when the camera makes ur face longer, more narrow and bigger nose.
So in this thread i will talk about :

I - WHAT IS LENS DISTORTION
1- how it affects ur face
2- why do some look better with it
3- why do women generally look more ''photogenic''

II - HOW DO U FIX LENS DISTORTION
III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE
IV - HOW I CONFIRMED IS IT TRUE OR NOT

What is lens distortion :
the camera has lenses that make a 3d object / being into a 2d flat picture,
1- how it affects ur face :
It makes the object seem taller, less compact and more narrow, and makes the focus on the middle of the object (ur face) making ur nose bigger
2- why do people look better with it :

people with an exceptionally small nose, an overly wide face and a really compact midface look good, even better than irl with it. even Sean O'pry said that he looks better in photos than irl (because of his really compact midface)
3- why are women more photogenic :
women usually have really compact midfaces,(its a femenine trait ofc) and smaller noses than men on average, and usually have a good FWHR, and even narrow faces look good on women. therefore they look good on cameras
II - how do u fix lens distortion :
its surprisingly easy to do , u have 2 options , either use back cam on tiktok, use the face zoom filter, go back 5 meters and bam, the non-distorted pic. or u can use a site called '' fisheyegl '' (i havent used the site so i cant confirm)
III - Examples with my face when i did it

3 dec
8 december

the first pic, without any filter, u can see my midface is long, my nose looks bigger, and my philtrum to chin looks worse and my face is narrow, in the second pic, my face is wider, more compact, and smaller nose
IV- How i confirmed its true or not
i used 2 methods to confirm if what i said is true or not, firstly, i actually mesured my ratios irl, and compared them to the ones in each picture, IRL i have a 1:1 midface ratio, but in the first pic i have a long midface , in the second, it looks closer to the irl ratio,
also, mesuring philtrum to chin irl, i have a 2,01x ratio. in the first pic is looks worse whilst in the second one it looks more correct.

ANOTHER WAY , i asked people irl, i presented both photos and asked which one looks more correct, most said the second pic is more accurate ( i take the 2 pictures, show them to people i know, step back 2 meters and ask, which one looks accurate)

I HOPE THIS THREAD HELPS U TO FIX UR LENS DISTORTION, AND KNOW WHAT U LOOK LIKE IRL, ALSO THIS IS MY SECOND TIME USING THIS WRITING STYLE, IF U HAVE ANY REMARKS I CAN IMPROVE ON , THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED IT :heart:

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: tempelcat4, Ilovegirls1234, MTNAscension2 and 18 others
ur my favorite poster ,like if you like stacies with big dicks

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: basic.yash, Shkreliii, Aspiemogger and 11 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: basic.yash, Shkreliii, aspiringexcel and 2 others
so im chad

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
Shitty android selfie camera got me looking like marko jaric

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Shkreliii, ineonx and 4 others
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Shkreliii and Samsepioler
  • +1
You, like many others may look good asf irl but when it comes to pictures u look like dogshit. Why is that ?
Thats called lens distortion, when the camera makes ur face longer, more narrow and bigger nose.

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

It makes the object seem taller, less compact and more narrow, and makes the focus on the middle of the object (ur face) making ur nose bigger

people with an exceptionally small nose, an overly wide face and a really compact midface look good, even better than irl with it. even Sean O'pry said that he looks better in photos than irl (because of his really compact midface)
women usually have really compact midfaces,(its a femenine trait ofc) and smaller noses than men on average, and usually have a good FWHR, and even narrow faces look good on women. therefore they look good on cameras
its surprisingly easy to do , u have 2 options , either use back cam on tiktok, use the face zoom filter, go back 5 meters and bam, the non-distorted pic. or u can use a site called '' fisheyegl '' (i havent used the site so i cant confirm)

View attachment 2597827View attachment 2597831
the first pic, without any filter, u can see my midface is long, my nose looks bigger, and my philtrum to chin looks worse and my face is narrow, in the second pic, my face is wider, more compact, and smaller nose
i used 2 methods to confirm if what i said is true or not, firstly, i actually mesured my ratios irl, and compared them to the ones in each picture, IRL i have a 1:1 midface ratio, but in the first pic i have a long midface , in the second, it looks closer to the irl ratio,
also, mesuring philtrum to chin irl, i have a 2,01x ratio. in the first pic is looks worse whilst in the second one it looks more correct.

ANOTHER WAY , i asked people irl, i presented both photos and asked which one looks more correct, most said the second pic is more accurate ( i take the 2 pictures, show them to people i know, step back 2 meters and ask, which one looks accurate)

I HOPE THIS THREAD HELPS U TO FIX UR LENS DISTORTION, AND KNOW WHAT U LOOK LIKE IRL, ALSO THIS IS MY SECOND TIME USING THIS WRITING STYLE, IF U HAVE ANY REMARKS I CAN IMPROVE ON , THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED IT :heart:
jfl i actually take 20 minutes from my day to write this, just so it flops, am never writing a thread again

• +1

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

Damn your jaw is insane

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: tombradylover, Shkreliii and Deleted member 32514

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

cmon mfs type something am waiting, bump

• +1
Why don't you just use a true mirror, it's not particularly expensive?

• +1

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

That jaw...

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 32514
My nose still appears big :feelswhy:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Shkreliii and Fiqh
Why don't you just use a true mirror, it's not particularly expensive?
idk how to, but tysm for telling me abt it

• +1

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

wtf u chew on?

• +1
do you think different phones will get noticeably different results? for example iphone will get more realistic selfie while some cheap xiaomi will discort even more?

• +1
I look worse without lens distortion

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and forevermirin
I am a lensdistortioncel because t*kto*k banned in my country

• +1
actual ropeful couldn't just let me cope with my wide face and small nose

III- EXAMPLES OF MY FACE

thread aside u are an unironic chad idk why u are fucking clenching ur massetters like a autist tho

do you think different phones will get noticeably different results? for example iphone will get more realistic selfie while some cheap xiaomi will discort even more?
yes