I just bought finasteride but later decided i will not use it

Deleted member 2788

Deleted member 2788

Diamond
I have a lot of hair my problem is at the temples that are receding, i would say NW 1-1.5

not worth the sides of fin (i know the chances are very low but still). I can still do a HT in the future if it gets bad.

Lol

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Lev Peshkov, Danish_Retard and 3 others
I have a lot of hair my problem is at the temples that are receding, i would say NW 1-1.5

not worth the sides of fin (i know the chances are very low but still). I can still do a HT in the future if it gets bad.

Lol
idiot

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RealSurgerymax, wasted, wateriswet and 3 others
Cmon dude
He's right. If you have recession now it's very likely to get worse. You have an excellent opportunity to catch it before it gets bad and you're letting that pass because of a 1% chance of sides which will go away once you stop taking the medication. Once this window passes, it's gone forever, and a HT is a poor substitute for keeping your hair in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet, LowTierNormie, Salience and 1 other person
He's right. If you have recession now it's very likely to get worse. You have an excellent opportunity to catch it before it gets bad and you're letting that pass because of a 1% chance of sides which will go away once you stop taking the medication. Once this window passes, it's gone forever, and a HT is a poor substitute for keeping your hair in the first place.
Why HT is a poor substitute?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and sytyl
Why HT is a poor substitute?
You are born with 100.000 hair follicles on your head. Every hair follicle that dies, will never come back. The moment people really start realizing they are balding, they have usually already lost 30.000 .

There's only so many hairs that you can transplant. And even after your HT, you will keep losing hair. And even fin or any other treatment isnt 100% effective, meaning you will keep losing hair follicles and potentially will have to do more transplants further down the line.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie, DidntRead, Deleted member 1464 and 2 others
You are born with 100.000 hair follicles on your head. Every hair follicle that dies, will never come back. The moment people really start realizing they are balding, they have usually already lost 30.000 .

There's only so many hairs that you can transplant. And even after your HT, you will keep losing hair. And even fin or any other treatment isnt 100% effective, meaning you will keep losing hair follicles and potentially will have to do more transplants further down the line.
it's not like i will lose that amount of hair, my only problems are at the temples, i'm not those guys with nw5 at 25 years old with no existant hair in the crown area

and i thought on hair transplant the doctor would take hair follicles from the back of your head which is not sensitive to DHT and transplant it into the front of your head?

@sytyl stop jfl reaction everytime u fuck

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and sytyl
it's not like i will lose that amount of hair, my only problems are at the temples, i'm not those guys with nw5 at 25 years old with no existant hair in the crown area

and i thought on hair transplant the doctor would take hair follicles from the back of your head which is not sensitive to DHT and transplant it into the front of your head?

@sytyl stop jfl reaction everytime u fuck
Like I said, you won't notice yourself losing hair untill you already lost a significant amount. It starts thinning out.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
hair = life

• +1
Reactions: Warlow and sytyl
slight temple recession will likely stop if you have no thinning on your scalp or crown whorl. Stop listening to those guys who say if you have the smallest amount of recession it will get worse. What is likely happening to you is that you're losing some of the finer hairs in the corners of your hairline. It happened to me too. I had so much hair growing down my forehead when i was 14 and it started to change at around 18 and i transitioned from an extremely round hairline to a straight hairline. Now 25 with the same hairline from when i was 18. If you're only norwood 1.5 then it could very well stop. I see so many non balding men (young, middle aged and old) with nw1.5 who aren't balding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2788
slight temple recession will likely stop if you have no thinning on your scalp or crown whorl. Stop listening to those guys who say if you have the smallest amount of recession it will get worse. What is likely happening to you is that you're losing some of the finer hairs in the corners of your hairline. It happened to me too. I had so much hair growing down my forehead when i was 14 and it started to change at around 18 and i transitioned from an extremely round hairline to a straight hairline. Now 25 with the same hairline from when i was 18. If you're only norwood 1.5 then it could very well stop. I see so many non balding men (young, middle aged and old) with nw1.5 who aren't balding.
yeah i have a lot of hair my recession at the temples is not noticeable if i dont slick my hair up

i can always do a Ht in the future if i want

better than risk having fin side effects even Them being low risk of having

• JFL
Reactions: sytyl
I don't think that claim is backed up by anything aside from broscience

It will probably continue to get worse. Fin is not a good thing. I am struggling with this decision to myself, but lets not pretend that the problem will go away on its own - thats not how this works.

And a HT will require you to take fin afterwards. Not to mention that it will be much shittier than real hair that you have naturally. Its also pricy and an arduous process of having scabs and a year of wispy growth

I also receded to a nw2-2.5 at age 17-18 now I am 24 and have the same hairline. I will do a trichoscan every year now so I will know if I continue receding or thinning so I can jump on fin. Sadly I need to fraud with hairstyles to hide my hairline

just use minoxidil on your temples until it stops having an effect then move on to fin/ht

Take fin now before its too late son, trust me, you will regret not taking it rn in the future

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet
I don't think that claim is backed up by anything aside from broscience

It will probably continue to get worse. Fin is not a good thing. I am struggling with this decision to myself, but lets not pretend that the problem will go away on its own - thats not how this works.

And a HT will require you to take fin afterwards. Not to mention that it will be much shittier than real hair that you have naturally. Its also pricy and an arduous process of having scabs and a year of wispy growth
temple recession isnt 100% balding though. Just because he is nw1.5 right now it doesnt mean hes 100% gonna be a nw2 or 3. Thats exactly how it works. You lose all the finer hairs in the corners of your hairline and recede slightly whether it stops at a norwood 1 or a nw1.5 or a 2. The problem does go away on its own for lots of people.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
I also receded to a nw2-2.5 at age 17-18 now I am 24 and have the same hairline. I will do a trichoscan every year now so I will know if I continue receding or thinning so I can jump on fin. Sadly I need to fraud with hairstyles to hide my hairline
if you receded to a nw2 at age 17 or 18 you must be balding then even if its slowly. That seems like you receded way too much and way too fast. If you were in your early to mid twenties then it wouldnt be that bad but because you receded so much so early it could be a bad sign.

• +1
Take fin now before its too late son, trust me, you will regret not taking it rn in the future
you act like he'll 100% be bald in the future though. He said he has not noticed thinning on his scalp or whorl. Slight temple recession is normal and it stops at nw1 for some people, nw1.5 for some, and nw2 for others. Although the more you recede the more likely you will bald and thin out in the future. A lot of nw2-2.5s start diffuse thinning in their late 30s or early forties but men with a stable norwood 0, nw1, nw1.5 usually dont diffuse and their hairline stays intact.

• +1
you act like he'll 100% be bald in the future though. He said he has not noticed thinning on his scalp or whorl. Slight temple recession is normal and it stops at nw1 for some people, nw1.5 for some, and nw2 for others. Although the more you recede the more likely you will bald and thin out in the future. A lot of nw2-2.5s start diffuse thinning in their late 30s or early forties but men with norwood 0, nw1, nw1.5 usually dont diffuse and their hairline stays intact.
Anyone can just go to a derm to get confirmation of MPB

Anyone can just go to a derm to get confirmation of MPB
he likely does not have it though. He said he has not noticed thinning (although it could be early signs) and it's just slight temple reccesion that is bothering him.

• +1

you only lose the hair past the ht tho cuz they take hair that arent sensitive to dht

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet
Even if you do a HT you will need to get on Fin.

You will transplant hair from the sides that are immune to DHT, but the other follicles that you still have during your HT on the scalp, may fall later. Imagine the scenario where you HT to the temples and a few years later, hair will start falling behind that transplant. You also need good follicles to a have a nice transplant, some follicles only have 1 hair where others can have 3-4 hairs, its crucial for density, so you better hope you have a lot of those on the sides.

Hair is life brah, do it.

if you receded to a nw2 at age 17 or 18 you must be balding then even if its slowly. That seems like you receded way too much and way too fast. If you were in your early to mid twenties then it wouldnt be that bad but because you receded so much so early it could be a bad sign.
How do i know if i bald slowly? my puperty was really early tho, like i could grow a beard with 16 lol. My father also recede to a nw2 in his 20s then start diffuse thinning at 40s

help pls

what? the thing i said about you receding way too fast and it means you are balding was a bit far fetched. If you could grow a beard by 16 and were very hairy it would mean you would mature faster so ignore what i said. You might be fine dont worry. My mature hairline started at 17 and stabalised when i was 18 or 19 (im 25 now) although my hairline is still a norwood 0. I went from an extremely rounded hairline to a slightly less rounded hairline.

Last edited:
how does he check if you have mbp or not
he checks for miniaturized hairs

normally you can literally just look at it and make the diagnosis. He can also use a phototrichogram

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
Hi.

• +1
Reactions: bdycope, Hozay, PYT and 2 others
Hair transplant is a big cope, at least without finasteride. You know that the hairtransplant-clinics prescribe you finasteride afterwards?
You buy yourself some time with it but the hair will fall out again if your not on fin.

Idk why people think otherwise (I did the same before). Also you only have so many hair follices on ur head.

I hope being bald fits your stupid ass http://reddit.com/r/bald

AND YOU KNOW ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF LOOKS ALSO,
I would understand if you were bluepilled and thougt looks doesnt matter.... :bluepill: but you are blackpilled and do this? HAHA get the fuck out of here pussy

I would understand if you were bluepilled and thougt looks doesnt matter.
How do your looks help you when you're low T and ur dick aint working

Lol

They won't give you a HT if you aren't on a 5ar like finasteride or dutasteride.

will it make my babies retarded? That’s my only concern for fin

will it make my babies retarded? That’s my only concern for fin
Don't conceive while on it

Don't let your spouse touch the pills with her skin