LZ1 VKRWKKWWRKWKKWV-NH2; New Peptide For Treating Acne

AySab

AySab

Bronze
Now, IK this peptide has been mentioned before but it doesn’t have that much attention, so i’ll reintroduce it again.

As we know, acne is both caused by inflammation and bacteria which is caused by too many factors (way too much to list down) which is why things like isotretinoin + anti-histamine, topical or oral antibiotics, exfoliators are prescribed.

Now, as resistance to antibiotics grows stronger and more common, people are usually prescribed isotretinoin to help treat or cure their acne. but as we know, isotretinoin has affects on the hormones we secrete and can cause side effects which makes us think to ourselves whether we should take it or not as it seems way too risky.
now, if you’re already taking isotretinoin with a anti-histamine, then you can probably skip this whole thread or maybe just give it a read and learn something new.

Now a peptide that has insane effects on acne has been introduced as LZ1 which is a anti microbial peptide with anti-inflammatory effects has been introduced as potentially the new treatment for acne.

To give some background information before you give the study a read yourself, LZ1 is a peptide with 15 amino acid residues containing strong antimicrobial properties against bacteria pathogens of acne vulgaris including Propionibacterium acnes, Staphylococcus epidermidis and S. aureus.
The minimal inhibitory concentration against three strains of P. acnes was only 0.6 µg/ml, which is 4 times lower than that of clindamycin (a topical antibiotic).
Meaning, at 0.6µg/ml, it was able to inhibit acne which was 4 times lower dose of clindamycin, this was also the minimum dose for inhibiting acne.

LZ1 significantly reduced the number of P. acnes colonized on the ear, P. acnes-induced ear swelling, and inflammatory cell infiltration. It ameliorated inflammation induced by P. acnes by inhibiting the secretion of inflammatory factors including tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-1β.
Meaning, it has anti-inflammatory properties when used against acne. (Don’t know if a generic anti-histamine might be stronger).

LZ1 showed little cytotoxicity on human keratinocyte and hemolytic activity on human blood red cells. Furthermore, LZ1 was very stable in human plasma.
This means that it has great compatibility with humans and won’t induce side effects like isotretinoin can.

Combined with its potential bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties, simple structure and high stability, LZ1 might be an ideal candidate for the treatment of acne.
This was the conclusion, what do you guys think?

It looks like it lasted longer and is stronger than LL-37, another peptide containing anti microbial properties.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3755965/

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Giorgio, likenesss, randomop and 6 others
IK my format is crap, but try to force yourself to read.

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Also, this isnt really a “new” peptide, its just been barely talked about and seems very OP.

Seems high iq

• Love it
Reactions: AySab
Is this real or did you just mash your fist on the keyboard to come up with that

• JFL
@SyrianPsycho try this.

Seems pretty legit, even aprroved study. Any sites where you could potentially get it?

• Hmm...
Seems pretty legit, even aprroved study. Any sites where you could potentially get it?
no idea, but you can email/text peptide website or the manufacturers if they can produce.
Its quite expensive though.

no idea, but you can email/text peptide website or the manufacturers if they can produce.
Its quite expensive though.
Aight, il search around a bit

• +1
Now, IK this peptide has been mentioned before but it doesn’t have that much attention, so i’ll reintroduce it again.

As we know, acne is both caused by inflammation and bacteria which is caused by too many factors (way too much to list down) which is why things like isotretinoin + anti-histamine, topical or oral antibiotics, exfoliators are prescribed.

Now, as resistance to antibiotics grows stronger and more common, people are usually prescribed isotretinoin to help treat or cure their acne. but as we know, isotretinoin has affects on the hormones we secrete and can cause side effects which makes us think to ourselves whether we should take it or not as it seems way too risky.
now, if you’re already taking isotretinoin with a anti-histamine, then you can probably skip this whole thread or maybe just give it a read and learn something new.

Now a peptide that has insane effects on acne has been introduced as LZ1 which is a anti microbial peptide with anti-inflammatory effects has been introduced as potentially the new treatment for acne.

To give some background information before you give the study a read yourself, LZ1 is a peptide with 15 amino acid residues containing strong antimicrobial properties against bacteria pathogens of acne vulgaris including Propionibacterium acnes, Staphylococcus epidermidis and S. aureus.
The minimal inhibitory concentration against three strains of P. acnes was only 0.6 µg/ml, which is 4 times lower than that of clindamycin (a topical antibiotic).
Meaning, at 0.6µg/ml, it was able to inhibit acne which was 4 times lower dose of clindamycin, this was also the minimum dose for inhibiting acne.

LZ1 significantly reduced the number of P. acnes colonized on the ear, P. acnes-induced ear swelling, and inflammatory cell infiltration. It ameliorated inflammation induced by P. acnes by inhibiting the secretion of inflammatory factors including tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-1β.
Meaning, it has anti-inflammatory properties when used against acne. (Don’t know if a generic anti-histamine might be stronger).

LZ1 showed little cytotoxicity on human keratinocyte and hemolytic activity on human blood red cells. Furthermore, LZ1 was very stable in human plasma.
This means that it has great compatibility with humans and won’t induce side effects like isotretinoin can.

Combined with its potential bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties, simple structure and high stability, LZ1 might be an ideal candidate for the treatment of acne.

It looks like it lasted longer and is stronger than LL-37, another peptide containing anti microbial properties.

Heightmin, not taking

I've found a source from my country(https://biolabshop.pl/preparaty-na-tradzik/201-lz1-30mg-5905601709145.html)

The study diluted it quite abit, but didn't say in what, at least i didnt see. Also i haven't found anyone using it in humans so there is no reference point there aswell. It's also probably a spot treatment since it's so strong so i imagine applying it on your whole face would irritate it.

Thoughts on the vehicle i could use?

• Hmm...
I've found a source from my country(https://biolabshop.pl/preparaty-na-tradzik/201-lz1-30mg-5905601709145.html)

The study diluted it quite abit, but didn't say in what, at least i didnt see. Also i haven't found anyone using it in humans so there is no reference point there aswell. It's also probably a spot treatment since it's so strong so i imagine applying it on your whole face would irritate it.

the study refers to using it in human blood and showed that it was compatible, it WILL work on humans, and its a peptide meaning its youll probably have to reconstitute with bac/sterile water.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski

also check the reviews on the website you linked under LZ1 peptide.

• +1
Three strains of P. acnes (ATCC6919, ATCC 11827 and a clinically isolated strain with clindamycin-resistance), S. epidermidis(09A3726 and 09B2490) and S. aureus(ATCC 2592)

If you have acne thats already resistant to antibiotics, then this treatment will do wonders.

• +1
the study refers to using it in human blood and showed that it was compatible, it WILL work on humans, and its a peptide meaning its youll probably have to reconstitute with bac/sterile water.
Nvm they used a gel "Right ears received the same volume of 0.9% salt water. Placebo or 0.2% LZ1 gel (Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 400: PEG 4000, 1:1) was applied on the surface of..."

• +1
Nvm they used a gel "Right ears received the same volume of 0.9% salt water. Placebo or 0.2% LZ1 gel (Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 400: PEG 4000, 1:1) was applied on the surface of..."
ye, i just read that part too, I would go ask around in that website on how to administrate it.

• +1
Three strains of P. acnes (ATCC6919, ATCC 11827 and a clinically isolated strain with clindamycin-resistance), S. epidermidis(09A3726 and 09B2490) and S. aureus(ATCC 2592)

If you have acne thats already resistant to antibiotics, then this treatment will do wonders.
It's quite an old study, i wonder why nobody picked it up yet.

But there's probably no way to patent it or sth, that's why no company made it. There was a stronger growth stimulant than minox but nobody picked up on it for the same reason

• +1
It's quite an old study, i wonder why nobody picked it up yet.

But there's probably no way to patent it or sth, that's why no company made it. There was a stronger growth stimulant than minox but nobody picked up on it for the same reason
yes, same question too, administration of the peptide LZ1 is something ill try to search up after I eat food.

• Hmm...
yes, same question too, administration of the peptide LZ1 is something ill try to search up after I eat food.
Why do you research this so much?
I would imagine the isotretinoin + anti histamines would work for you on their own

Also unfortunetly duta is far harder to get

• +1
ye, i just read that part too, I would go ask around in that website on how to administrate it.
The description only says that it's used on the skin, and there are only 3 5 star reviews that just say it works (probably bought reviews lol)

• Hmm...
Why do you research this so much?
I would imagine the isotretinoin + anti histamines would work for you on their own

Also unfortunetly duta is far harder to get
yes, I have clear skin, but I like researching to further expand my knowledge to help others like me.
I was made fun of my skin and its deeply scarred into me.

Also, ive been doing research on micronised isotretinion which Ill ask my derm for soon.

• +1
The description only says that it's used on the skin, and there are only 3 5 star reviews that just say it works (probably bought reviews lol)
the weird thing is that it comes in a powder form, im guessing youll have to mix it with a cream?

• +1
the weird thing is that it comes in a powder form, im guessing youll have to mix it with a cream?
It's to preserve the substance better. They say you have to reconsitute it with bac

• +1
since I already spoken about LZ1, research about CEN1HC-Br and LL-37.
Although idk if they are more accessible but they might actually be weaker.

• +1
It's to preserve the substance better. They say you have to reconsitute it with bac
yes, ik, just pointing out that its weird that it comes in a powder form (indicating it has to be reconstituted via sterile/bac water) but not a gel form.

• +1
since I already spoken about LZ1, research about CEN1HC-Br and LL-37.
Although idk if they are more accessible but they might actually be weaker.
I will, just now i am getting cucked by school so have to learn some bs. Cant use my phone smh

Also i think the micronized version of isotret just increases absorbtion by 20%, right?

• +1
yes, ik, just pointing out that its weird that it comes in a powder form (indicating it has to be reconstituted via sterile/bac water) but not a gel form.
Because you cant sell it officially for acne, they have to pretend its sold for research purposes or the goverment cucks them

• +1
yes, I have clear skin, but I like researching to further expand my knowledge to help others like me.
I was made fun of my skin and its deeply scarred into me.

Also, ive been doing research on micronised isotretinion which Ill ask my derm for soon.
And you did help me quite a bit with skin, you're doing a gj boyo

• Love it
Also i think the micronized version of isotret just increases absorbtion by 20%, right?
yes, I can’t eat breakfast in the morning so I cant really maximise the absorption of isotretinoin, but with micronised isotretinoin, ill be able to double the absorption rate and efficacy without eating. :sneaky:

• +1