Medium-long hair is too much hassle

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

I seem to be shrinking
Medium-long length (think Bradley cooper or slightly shorter) looks good when styled, but is too much hassle. This is mainly for people with straight hair (my experience)

It looks like shit when not styled or voluminous, or when it starts to look greasy. The times your hair looks good are outweighed by the times it looks stupid. It's a constant battle to not have the hair falling in your face.

You can't have a normal side part, and other partings end up getting ruined with the wind or movement. The wind in general sucks and you have to constantly restyle, and run your greasy fingers through your hair, making it greasier.

On top of this, if you wear sunscreen (as you should), and your hair falls in your face, the hair will become greasy (especially if you touch your face and restyle your hair with your hand).

I don't use products. I think, certainly for my hair type, you need products for this length hair to look good and not be irritating. I think I'm going to cut it

• +1
Reactions: NoPainNoChick, cheerio, LooksThinker and 4 others
Bro I had the same problem as you greasy hair
The solution simple .
Buy a good quality hair saloon shampoo and research a conditioner that suits your hair /colour type

• +1
Reactions: ColeMoney, LooksThinker, nullandvoid and 2 others
Medium-long length (think Bradley cooper or slightly shorter) looks good when styled, but is too much hassle. This is mainly for people with straight hair (my experience)

It looks like shit when not styled or voluminous, or when it starts to look greasy. The times your hair looks good are outweighed by the times it looks stupid. It's a constant battle to not have the hair falling in your face.

You can't have a normal side part, and other partings end up getting ruined with the wind or movement. The wind in general sucks and you have to constantly restyle, and run your greasy fingers through your hair, making it greasier.

On top of this, if you wear sunscreen (as you should), and your hair falls in your face, the hair will become greasy (especially if you touch your face and restyle your hair with your hand).

I don't use products. I think, certainly for my hair type, you need products for this length hair to look good and not be irritating. I think I'm going to cut it
No poo

Bro I had the same problem as you greasy hair
The solution simple .
Buy a good quality hair saloon shampoo and research a conditioner that suits your hair /colour type
I'm on no shampoo now, which has made my hair overall less greasy than it used to be 1-2 days after washing with shampoo

But when washing with shampoo the situation was maybe worse. Because the first day the hair wouldn't be greasy, but would have 0 volume and wasn't mouldable at all. The next day it would be ok (kind of similar to now), and any longer without shampoo and it would become very greasy

Overall long hair isn't good for straight, slightly fine hair. And even for thick hair, it's much less convenient than short

I'm on no shampoo now, which has made my hair overall less greasy than it used to be 1-2 days after washing with shampoo

But when washing with shampoo the situation was maybe worse. Because the first day the hair wouldn't be greasy, but would have 0 volume and wasn't mouldable at all. The next day it would be ok (kind of similar to now), and any longer without shampoo and it would become very greasy

Overall long hair isn't good for straight, slightly fine hair. And even for thick hair, it's much less convenient than short

Bro buy a quality one not shit 3 in 1 and if you have straight hair get a perm two problems solved

• +1
Reactions: cheerio
This forum needs a hairstyle guide

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and optimisticzoomer
This forum needs a hairstyle guide

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and RoyaleWithCheese
Every man should grow their hair long and cut it. Then see which way they get more interest from women. That’s all that matters.

• +1
Reactions: Icon, horizontallytall, LooksOrDeath and 1 other person

shit is so real the wind fucks me up so badly, honesly just gonna grow it out and get a shitok perm

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer

How’s the smell

How’s the smell
I don't notice anything, idk if others do. Hair doesn't look greasy, but I get a lot of residue after combing or using a hairdryer after a shower

I don't notice anything, idk if others do. Hair doesn't look greasy, but I get a lot of residue after combing or using a hairdryer after a shower
I’m sure they do. Have you tried sulfate free shampoo

I’m sure they do. Have you tried sulfate free shampoo
Yeah, I used to use bar shampoo

No one comes near my hair anyway. And I never smelled it at the start of no shampoo either, so it's not like I've gotten used to it

Every man should grow their hair long and cut it. Then see which way they get more interest from women. That’s all that matters.
For me it has always been a bit longer, I just have the face for it or something. Especially younger women love it and I love younger women, so it is a win-win.