Muh MBTI is pseudo...

How can i tell if im thinking or feeling? I swing between rational and irrational thoughts.
Im either ISTP or ISFP

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
psuedoscience means it hasn’t been proven more useful or predicative than just observing someone which is the purpose of the scientific study of personality
You are talking much more eloquently after the ravi avi
ravi was very good with words

• Love it
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Depends, all ESxx types generally have an easy time connecting with others and being social and outgoing, tradeoff is they rarely ever become truly successful, the rarer introverted types oftentimes end up sad BUT they have the higher chance of truly making it.
IxFPs for example are generally daydreaming unproductive emotional personality types but it's also the most common ones among actors.
this is actually cope. two most successful types are estj and entj.

isfp and enfp are most likely type to be artists, which is why you see a lot of them as actors and singerw. but exxj, especially entj and estj are most likely to be successful in all fields

this is actually cope. two most successful types are estj and entj.

isfp and enfp are most likely type to be artists, which is why you see a lot of them as actors and singerw. but exxj, especially entj and estj are most likely to be successful in all fields
If by ALL fields you mean climbing the corporate ladder in STEM fields then you'd be right.

If by ALL fields you mean climbing the corporate ladder in STEM fields then you'd be right.
no in business, finance, hr, basically literally anything thats not art. ExxJ mogs

all you need for stem is xNTx

no in business, finance, hr, basically literally anything thats not art. ExxJ mogs

all you need for stem is xNTx
ENTx makes for the most successful businessmen usually.

ENTx makes for the most successful businessmen usually.
no its ExTJ
entp is one of the poorest perdsonalities on average ( i ewould know im entp)

most successful businessmen are ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ and occassionally ESTP

no its ExTJ
entp is one of the poorest perdsonalities on average ( i ewould know im entp)

most successful businessmen are ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ and occassionally ESTP
I dislike ENTPs but I can't deny they usually get far and are very ambitious.

As an INTJ, I regret not being more social during high school. I see classmates on Instagram going out and having fun, while I rot on the internet. Goddam, I wish I had more friends.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and HarrierDuBois
As an INTJ, I regret not being more social during high school. I see classmates on Instagram going out and having fun, while I rot on the internet. Goddam, I wish I had more friends.
@Ellipsis is your friend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and HarrierDuBois
MBTI works well as a starting point, a vague template of your personality. But obviously that's not the full story because personality is much more nuanced than four letters or a hierarchy of four functions.

It's useful to an extent, but getting attached to it is a futile endeavor. Remember that personality pertains to the individual, so limiting yourself to a type or tribe ultimately defeats the search and significance of personality in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, Deleted member 26410 and HarrierDuBois
MBTI works well as a starting point, a vague template of your personality. But obviously that's not the full story because personality is much more nuanced than four letters or a hierarchy of four functions.

It's useful to an extent, but getting attached to it is a futile endeavor. Remember that personality pertains to the individual, so limiting yourself to a type or tribe ultimately defeats the search and significance of personality in the first place.
the mbti system was made for the sole reason of creating an even larger division of the people

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7926 and Deleted member 25938

What is your enneagram?

• +1
I dislike ENTPs but I can't deny they usually get far and are very ambitious.
I think you got ENTP and INTJs mixed up
INTJs are know it alls, rigid, critical, stubborn, depth of knowledge, highly opinionated, ambititous, long term planners.
ENTPs are more childlike, care free, risk takers, pioneers, jack of all trades, adaptive, mischevious, innovative, open minded
INTJs will argue for their goal with blood and sweat while ENTP would assume a certain perspective and debates for fun even though they dont believe it just to gain perspective
Some ENTPs might appear cocky on the outside but its more a of playful confidence like Jack Sparrow or Deadpool

I think you got ENTP and INTJs mixed up
INTJs are know it alls, rigid, critical, stubborn, depth of knowledge, highly opinionated, ambititous, long term planners.
ENTPs are more childlike, care free, risk takers, pioneers, jack of all trades, adaptive, mischevious, innovative, open minded
INTJs will argue for their goal with blood and sweat while ENTP would assume a certain perspective and debates for fun even though they dont believe it just to gain perspective
Some ENTPs might appear cocky on the outside but its more a of playful confidence like Jack Sparrow or Deadpool
I'm an INTJ in social interactions but ENTP by myself and on the internet based on your description

I'm an INTJ in social interactions but ENTP by myself and on the internet based on your description
So youre a repressed ENTP who is uncomfortable in social situations

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
Perhaps. I always considered ENTP to be my alter ego
ENTP and INTJ are eachothers shadow types but you need to read up on the jungian functions in order to understand your prefered cognitive processes

good summary

Not sure, I think either 5w6 or 5w4. But that was from a long time ago.
I am 4w5. I don't see 5w4 being too far fetched for you tbh.

• +1
I'm INFJ (Ni>Fe=Ti>Se)
5w4 (not sure about tritype)
so/sp
LEFV
Not sure about socionics yet.

It definitely makes sense this forum attracts a certain type. Lmao if this was full of ESFJs

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
I'm INFJ (Ni>Fe=Ti>Se)
5w4 (not sure about tritype)
so/sp
LEFV
Not sure about socionics yet.

It definitely makes sense this forum attracts a certain type. Lmao if this was full of ESFJs
INFJ is my favorite one, leave the world a better place than the one you were born into.

• +1
Reactions: Bliss
  • +1
But i don't get why you think it mogs since I've this cucked mentality of need for mental connection with foid before any sex lol.
Same, but all of the most famous people in history were INFJ.
Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha, Hitler, Mandela etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30283
Of course MBTI is bullshit even if ppl dismiss it for the wrong reasons (muh you can't compartmentalize people into 16 archetypes, muh it's a pseudo-science), but the fact remains that it's a terrible tool for exploring the conscious and unconscious mechanisms of the individual, simply because it was born of people who had a dramatic interpretation of Jung and the fundamentals, such as the essence of the different functions, The result is that, after several decades of proliferation of MBTI sub-schools, we now find ourselves with a gibberish full of stereotypes, clichés and beliefs about archetypes that actually are enormously different from what this current spinless bastardized system is trying to sell to normies, who will obviously recognize themselves in boilerplate definitions such as "omg im shy i love nature im such an infp this is so me" "IM A ENTJ BRO I LIKE FACTS IM GOING TO CHOKE YOU SO HARD WITH MY FACTS AND MY INTUITION"
By way of comparison, the Russians that founded socionics had q much better reading of jung and present an irremovable model that is coherent from start to finish. Although a little complex, it is extremely useful because its vocation is to be applicable in real life while explaining our behavior and aspirations.
That's where I'd be heading if I were ever interested in MBTI.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
Same, but all of the most famous people in history were INFJ.
Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha, Hitler, Mandela etc.
i didn't know this, but generally I'd say it not really as easy as you think to be infj since most of the time you're just abused dog seeking pleasure to help other since it makes you really happy, but also painful in aways since you end up having no one to ask help for yourslef.

i didn't know this, but generally I'd say it not really as easy as you think to be infj since most of the time you're just abused dog seeking pleasure to help other since it makes you really happy, but also painful in aways since you end up having no one to ask help for yourslef.
I am INFP so I can relate a lot to it, my personality type is basically yours but less structured and more abstract, some structure is what I seek.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30283
MBTi isn't pseudoscience like astrology. It's also not hard science like physics. I left this forum because people here tend to be incapable or unwilling to have nuanced views on things. Everything is infinitely nuanced (although it's obviously not always pragmatic or smart to talk about things as if they are). I therefore get tired and often feel dumber after interacting with people on here. There is undoubtedly a lot of truth within the MBTI system. That doesn't mean that it's a magical system that's separated from other framings or aspects of psychology. A lot of the wisdom and truth found in MBTI overlaps with The Big 5, certain mental disorders, personality traits etc.

Good to see you getting into MBTI, @HarrierDuBois. You've been a real one since day one. PM if you want in-depth discussions about MBTI, I'm relatively well-read on it.

• +1
MBTi isn't pseudoscience like astrology. It's also not hard science like physics. I left this forum because people here tend to be incapable or unwilling to have nuanced views on things. Everything is infinitely nuanced (although it's obviously not always pragmatic or smart to talk about things as if they are). I therefore get tired and often feel dumber after interacting with people on here. There is undoubtedly a lot of truth within the MBTI system. That doesn't mean that it's a magical system that's separated from other framings or aspects of psychology. A lot of the wisdom and truth found in MBTI overlaps with The Big 5, certain mental disorders, personality traits etc.

Good to see you getting into MBTI, @HarrierDuBois. You've been a real one since day one. PM if you want in-depth discussions about MBTI, I'm relatively well-read on it.
Nice to see you. I have been learning about MBTI and the dom aux tert inf functions as well, I also read a bit about the enneagram.

• +1
Reactions: NordicMaxxer
ISTP mogs

• +1

Attachments

• 1691531949373.png
    1691531949373.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1691531941822.png
    1691531941822.png
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Depends, all ESxx types generally have an easy time connecting with others and being social and outgoing, tradeoff is they rarely ever become truly successful, the rarer introverted types oftentimes end up sad BUT they have the higher chance of truly making it.
IxFPs for example are generally daydreaming unproductive emotional personality types but it's also the most common ones among actors.
just did the test, im istp 9w8

• +1
Athletes sure, INFP is best for actors which is what I pursue, each to his own. Also caged at Ernest Khalimov.

just did the test, im istp 9w8
9w8 same as @StrangerDanger.
I'm INFP 4w5.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger and Deleted member 29155
Athletes sure, INFP is best for actors which is what I pursue, each to his own. Also caged at Ernest Khalimov.

9w8 same as @StrangerDanger.
I'm INFP 4w5.
Probably has something to do with the mentality, also I have no clue what 9w8 means, apparently I'm calm + nonchalant, could you perhaps tell me more about it, don't quite understand

I am ISTP-T is this good bro ?

Probably has something to do with the mentality, also I have no clue what 9w8 means, apparently I'm calm + nonchalant, could you perhaps tell me more about it, don't quite understand

Don't see Ne / Si
Ni and Se more appareant
I am Ne aux I connect the dots very often and rarely have issues figuring out how I came to a conclusion, I tend to try and look for ways to create and implement new concepts onto already existing things to make them better.
I don't relate to Se at all I don't learn from my mistakes and I rarely live in the moment but rather daydream a lot nonstop.
I am a nostalgia junkie.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
I am Ne aux I connect the dots very often and rarely have issues figuring out how I came to a conclusion, I tend to try and look for ways to create and implement new concepts onto already existing things to make them better.
First part sounds Ni and you may feel like you identify with that but your cognitive processes indicate otherwise just as in this response.
You are too blunt and too hesitant with your conclusions, due to the open-mindedness of Ne doms/Auxs they will explore numerous of options and possibilties before reaching conclusion, they will explore any external possibility and as many viewpoints as possible before even coming close to drawing a conclusion, and in most cases they never draw a full on conclusion and rather view it as a general guideline that is currently the most viable in the moment. Its a constant on going battle that never stops.
For instance, many xNxPs struggle with typing, as they explore and filter through various options to identify their type and even after verdict they will be cautious and skeptical that it was the right choice. See @Xangsane, Ambigious is the #1 trait of Ne whereas you are decisive.
Ne users are frequently in a mental war with constrasting perspectives because they can understand all sides of the coin, they are always on a ongoing battle balancing the different sides. Ne users often undertake the role of devils advocate (something you thought was absurd) by purposefully presenting alternative viewpoints or challenging prevailing ideas. They enjoy exploring diverse angles to stimulate discussion, broaden perspectives and foster creative exploration of possibilities.
Other common Ne traits I haven't seen: curious attitude, childlike and playful demeanour, highly flexibile, playful, hesitant of making judgements and you seem to be more in tune with the physical world than the abstract
Ultimately my knowledge of you as a person is limited and you are the only one who truly understands yourself so it might be that none of this is true. I am just giving my perspective from what I have observed so far to maybe shed some light

• +1
First part sounds Ni and you may feel like you identify with that but your cognitive processes indicate otherwise just as in this response.
You are too blunt and too hesitant with your conclusions, due to the open-mindedness of Ne doms/Auxs they will explore numerous of options and possibilties before reaching conclusion, they will explore any external possibility and as many viewpoints as possible before even coming close to drawing a conclusion, and in most cases they never draw a full on conclusion and rather view it as a general guideline that is currently the most viable in the moment. Its a constant on going battle that never stops.
For instance, many xNxPs struggle with typing, as they explore and filter through various options to identify their type and even after verdict they will be cautious and skeptical that it was the right choice. See @Xangsane, Ambigious is the #1 trait of Ne whereas you are decisive.
Ne users are frequently in a mental war with constrasting perspectives because they can understand all sides of the coin, they are always on a ongoing battle balancing the different sides. Ne users often undertake the role of devils advocate (something you thought was absurd) by purposefully presenting alternative viewpoints or challenging prevailing ideas. They enjoy exploring diverse angles to stimulate discussion, broaden perspectives and foster creative exploration of possibilities.
Other common Ne traits I haven't seen: curious attitude, childlike and playful demeanour, highly flexibile, playful, hesitant of making judgements and you seem to be more in tune with the physical world than the abstract
Ultimately my knowledge of you as a person is limited and you are the only one who truly understands yourself so it might be that none of this is true. I am just giving my perspective from what I have observed so far to maybe shed some light
You seem to forget I am a Fi dom, haven't seen many INFPs enjoy taking up the role of devil's advocate at all, I'd say it's more likely for xxTx with Ne in their stack to enjoy playing the devil's advocate rather than for xxFx to play the devil's advocate, could be completely wrong though. This constant struggle of going over different viewpoints and perspectives is something I have very strongly within myself in order to know if I am on the right path and making the right choices rather than something I always struggle with towards the outside world, although indecisiveness and overthinking are two things I am prone to suffering from. I would say I present myself as fairly curious and definitely open minded, flexibility depends since I am an individualist and my morals and values go before anything. I am definitely open minded since I give everyone a second chance.
As for where I spend my time it's 90% inside my mind rather than being in the real world, I sometimes need to be dragged back into the real world and shaken out of a vision I am having, I can sometimes literally drift away mid conversation and be at a new place in my head as I was talking to someone and they have to call my name a few times before I am back to planet earth.

The only explanation I see is that my theory holds up.
Most swedish people are introverted

I rarely meet a swedish person who is extroverted tbh

• +1