Question to Giant: Is a lip lift viable for men?

panfacemogger

panfacemogger

6'2 adhdmedsmaxxed Germancel
Hey guys,
I have a midface problem mainly due to my philtrum length.
I don't want to get OBO, since I have average IPD (65mm), my nose is 50mm long, philtrum is 20mm.
Did you ever tell one of ur patients to get a lip lift before in a surgery plan? Or can I forget the dream of a 0.97-1 midface? @RealSurgerymax

Hey guys,
I have a midface problem mainly due to my philtrum length.
I don't want to get OBO, since I have average IPD (65mm), my nose is 50mm long, philtrum is 20mm.
Did you ever tell one of ur patients to get a lip lift before in a surgery plan? Or can I forget the dream of a 0.97-1 midface? @RealSurgerymax
pic

IMG 7263
over for these autistic pics, but here

Attachments

• IMG_7783.png
    IMG_7783.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7784.png
    IMG_7784.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • F6EC3CF5-3A66-4ED9-AE63-2D9EC4765C43.jpeg
    F6EC3CF5-3A66-4ED9-AE63-2D9EC4765C43.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Meister!
Thanks for your advice Giant, will plan to do both, but would you say it'd be worth it to risk a lip lift after hard tissue surgeries?
fixing the droopy tip will help a lot (rhinoplasty)
Bimax will also help the flatness

Thanks for your advice Giant, will plan to do both, but would you say it'd be worth it to risk a lip lift after hard tissue surgeries?
Soft tissue surgeries like lip lift should be assessed & done (if decided necessary) after skeletal surgeries

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and panfacemogger
your most striking failo is prolly mouth width to be honest, not mfr

• +1
Reactions: geenk worg, MTNAscension2, HerpDerpson and 1 other person
alright, thank you Giant your advice and generally thank you for your dedication to this forum :)
Soft tissue surgeries like lip lift should be assessed & done (if decided necessary) after skeletal surgeries

your most striking failo is prolly mouth width to be honest, not mfr
yeah, my lips are shit in general, I can't close them without forcing pressure. Sadly lip widening surgeries are unreliable from what I've read.
I hope bimax will fix my upper lip

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
Recessed as fuck thank god i started mewing early as i was the same

Recessed as fuck thank god i started mewing early as i was the same
you should maybe post a pic of ur side profile on the rating board, if u were recessed before you started mewing, you are recessed right in this moment aswell, mewing is utter cope.

but yeah, I'm recessed, probably a mix of shitty orthodontics in my childhood & because I'm half Asian.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: KIVVV, MTNAscension2 and optimisticzoomer
fixing the droopy tip will help a lot (rhinoplasty)
Bimax will also help the flatness

How would fixing a droopy tip help the philtrum? I'm curious since I have a similar case.

How would fixing a droopy tip help the philtrum? I'm curious since I have a similar case.
A droopy tip makes your midface look longer than it is, ur nose just looks longer in general because of it. But it wouldn't help the philtrum really much in my case without bimax. It also doesn't make the philtrum look better, it makes it worse if it‘s long already, since your philtrum length is hidden by the droopiness of your nose.
That's why I've asked about the lip lift. Only both of these surgeries combined, OBO or some weird higher level lefort modification can improve your mfr (with soft tissue modification afterwards)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: salvation
A droopy tip makes your midface look longer than it is, ur nose just looks longer in general because of it. But it wouldn't help the philtrum really much in my case without bimax. It also doesn't make the philtrum look better, it makes it worse if it‘s long already, since your philtrum length is hidden by the droopiness of your nose.
That's why I've asked about the lip lift. Only both of these surgeries combined, OBO or some weird higher level lefort modification can improve your mfr (with soft tissue modification afterwards)
I think if you have a retracted columella and get a rhinoplasty you can sometimes also end up with a shorter philtrum. I also remember ppl saying that your anterior nasal spine (ANS) can affect it

Joined october 2023 n ure 20+ meaning u didnt hear about mewing when u were a teenager no wonder it didnt work for u

I think if you have a retracted columella and get a rhinoplasty you can sometimes also end up with a shorter philtrum. I also remember ppl saying that your anterior nasal spine (ANS) can affect it

View attachment 2879941
Damn, didn't know that yet, my ANS is pretty shit I think.
Will look into it.
What I also forgot is putting filler in the philtrum columns as an option.

Last edited:
Joined october 2023 n ure 20+ meaning u didnt hear about mewing when u were a teenager no wonder it didnt work for u
Whatever man, not here to discuss unnecessary shit.