Starting to think that tall ramus + square wide chin is not ideal for appeal to younger women

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
pretty much all of the prettyboys on instagram that I saw with a large following and a large number of likes on their posts had small to medium sized ramuses

I thought that the reason for this was that young guys just cant have tall ramuses, and that the ramus grows as guys get older, but that a tall ramus would still be preferred.

however, I found young guys of a similar age with tall ramuses, and they had a much lower follower count and got a lot less likes on their photos, even despite having a similar face/features

so does this mean that a tall ramus like what Chris Carmack has would actually be a looksmin for appeal with younger women?

and what ramus length is ideal for appeal with women from 18-25?

I am seriously reconsidering mandibular angle implants that my bimax surgeon said that he can do if I want, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are

For reference:

Chris Carmack

1 2

1 1

Prettyboy Miquel Melero (this photo itself got over 65k likes on Instagram)

also noticed a preference for narrow, somewhat pointy chins

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, AscendingHero, PubertyMaxxer and 3 others
pretty much all of the prettyboys on instagram that I saw with a large following and a large number of likes on their posts had small to medium sized ramuses

I thought that the reason for this was that young guys just cant have tall ramuses, and that the ramus grows as guys get older, but that a tall ramus would still be preferred.

however, I found young guys of a similar age with tall ramuses, and they had a much lower follower count and got a lot less likes on their photos, even despite having a similar face/features

so does this mean that a tall ramus like what Chris Carmack has would actually be a looksmin for appeal with younger women?

and what ramus length is ideal for appeal with women from 18-25?

I am seriously reconsidering mandibular angle implants that my bimax surgeon said that he can do if I want, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are

For reference:

Chris Carmack

View attachment 1299961
View attachment 1299960

Prettyboy Miquel Melero (this photo itself got over 65k likes on Instagram)

View attachment 1299966

also noticed a preference for narrow, somewhat pointy chins
orbmax asap

Ye ramus doesnt matter that much tbh

• Woah
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
A long ramus won't matter when everything else is good
But tbh he would look way better with a tall ramus

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625, arabcelxxx, chinpilled69 and 13 others
I don't think it's a matter of ramus or not, younger woman are more attracted to phenotype + hair + good skin than great bones (you still need good bones, see vinnie hacker)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Slob, Looks234, 5'8manlet and 8 others
What would you say are the features that attract younger women is it the eyes skin hair eyelashes lips?

you should actually have someone take a look at your pics, how can we tell you what is the best for you?
for some faces masculine tall ramus is better, for some not

everything is looks is subjective

• +1
IT is ideal - for pls posters

For females its not, nice eyes, hair and skin is all jb see on guys, also jaw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14478

Lips and eyebrows also

• +1
Reactions: oldcell

The Ramus has a large effect on what the jaw looks like

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Amnesia
you should actually have someone take a look at your pics, how can we tell you what is the best for you?

Can you post examples of faces that look better with a tall vs short Ramus?

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
I don't think it's a matter of ramus or not, younger woman are more attracted to phenotype + hair + good skin than great bones (you still need good bones, see vinnie hacker)
Every feature matters

and the reason I am asking is because I am unsure of whether or not I want to get the mandibular angle implants that my surgeon said that he can do if I want

• +1
Reactions: Slob
View attachment 1299972
I agree I think he looks better in your morph but I’m not sure if women would as well

in fact he might be too masculine/dimorphic for many women now (especially younger) and this may have actually decreased his appeal

Honestly @lilhorizontal32 you are getting into such specifics that I think you are reaching impractical territory. You need to figure out what works for your face, what makes you attractive (or as attractive as possible giving your starting point), and go for that. If you try to get such a specific outcome, I would worry that you are going to start to look very unnatural.

• +1
Reactions: Slothcel and Niki9911
Can you post examples of faces that look better with a tall vs short Ramus?
forward grown faces need short ramus

forward grown faces with tall ramus just end up looking weird as fuck

look it up, look up every forward grown model and you'll see that they have a rather short ramus

You need to figure out what works for your face, what makes you attractive (or as attractive as possible giving your starting point), and go for that.
literally what I am trying to figure out

want to see what everyone thinks of long vs short ramus in terms of appeal

forward grown faces need short ramus

forward grown faces with tall ramus just end up looking weird as fuck

look it up, look up every forward grown model and you'll see that they have a rather short ramus
disagree. lots of guys with tall ramuses have forward grown faces - cavill, gandy, barrett etc.

• Love it
Reactions: datboijj
not a tall ramus

not really what I would consider as "forward grown"
barrett has very low set ears

and both cavill and gandy are relatively forward. not barrett tier though

• +1
literally what I am trying to figure out

want to see what everyone thinks of long vs short ramus in terms of appeal
Tall ramus is generally a sign of good development. It doesn't have to be extreme, though. People on this site like extreme male faces, and it's not necessary to be attractive.

• +1
Reactions: Niki9911
There was a study on jaw preference, you should look it up the jaw pic considered ideal by females had a medium ramus if i recall

There was a study on jaw preference, you should look it up the jaw pic considered ideal by females had a medium ramus if i recall
I’ve read some studies on it and I think that studies in general are pretty cope

the jaw that was rated the most attractive was steep and looked quite unaesthetic

besides women aren’t fully honest with what they are attracted to on studies/don’t fully understand what they like themselves

• +1
Reactions: Looks234 and Deleted member 3479
View attachment 1299972
Hyoid position is more important than Ramus

Also ramus shape play a big role and not just heught. His ramus is sharp and not rounded

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, AscendingHero, Deleted member 4614 and 2 others
I’ve read some studies on it and I think that studies in general are pretty cope

the jaw that was rated the most attractive was steep and looked quite unaesthetic

besides women aren’t fully honest with what they are attracted to on studies/don’t fully understand what they like themselves
Good point, self reports are bullcrap however an excessively long ramus is associated with a disease (bruxism) i would say a balanced ramus is ideal neither long nor short

• +1

Good point, self reports are bullcrap however an excessively long ramus is associated with a disease (bruxism) i would say a balanced ramus is ideal neither long nor short
What do you think about Chris Carmack’s Ramus?

I would’ve said it was ideal but now I’m not so sure

What do you think about Chris Carmack’s Ramus?

I would’ve said it was ideal but now I’m not so sure
I'd say it's a bit much, gives him a boxy face from the front, his other features balance it out well though

• +1
square V was always the best skull shape
It's just that overly masculine square faces were still accepted to high E women
but too much for low E women

• +1
square V was always the best skull shape
It's just that overly masculine square faces were still accepted to high E women
but too much for low E women
saw the study bro.

but like I said earlier I think studies are a bit of a cope as women arent 100% honest with what they want and dont fully understand what they are attracted to either

was hoping that someone might be able to share personal experiences of any slayers they know and what kind of ramus they have

• +1
saw the study bro.

but like I said earlier I think studies are a bit of a cope as women arent 100% honest with what they want and dont fully understand what they are attracted to either

was hoping that someone might be able to share personal experiences of any slayers they know and what kind of ramus they have
idk about the ramus thing ramus are meant to be as tall as possible
prefering small ramus is retarded

• +1
idk about the ramus thing ramus are meant to be as tall as possible
prefering small ramus is retarded
agreed. always thought that carmack's ramus was ideal but now I'm not so sure :confused:

• +1
ur

face need to be lean tho or have good jaw

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yes women want short recessed men, some find that attractive

• Ugh..
Exactly. From the front no lower than midthrough bottom lip. They actually prefer it inline with the center of mouth

Longer Rameses at level of McGregor aren't preferred to by most women - it's too much. And older women may not exactly "prefer" them, may just be more open to them. But really matters is the VTaper/ trapezoid from the front. The ramus can be still be long on some faces and get VTaper, but it depends on the face. I'd shoot for the V shaped jaw, with a ramus that isn't too long. Depends on your jaw width, chin height and width too. I would think a wider square chin with VTaper would be best, that way you still get some masculinity but keep the aestheticness of all those guys on tiktok

Last edited:
  • +1
Exactly. From the front no lower than midthrough bottom lip. They actually prefer it inline with the center of mouth

Longer Rameses at level of McGregor aren't preferred to by most women - it's too much. And older women may not exactly "prefer" them, may just be more open to them. But really matters is the VTaper/ trapezoid from the front. The ramus can be still be long on some faces and get VTaper, but it depends on the face. I'd shoot for the V shaped jaw, with a ramus that isn't too long. Depends on your jaw width, chin height and width too. I would think a wider square chin with VTaper would be best, that way you still get some masculinity but keep the aestheticness of all those guys on tiktok
Can you post some examples of the VTaper?

Not sure if I need to get jaw implants, or if they’re a waste of time