Surgical assist mse hit different

Surgical assist eliminates cheekbone gains from what I know
It does literally the exact same thing as MSE just weakens points of resistance

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892

He doesn’t answer Ronald’s question and instead describes why he feels laterally enhancing the zygos is an unwanted aesthetic effect (which as we all know it isn’t.) Based on what he says further, Vaughan seems to believe that MSE, whether surgically assisted or not, doesn’t provide any cheekbone gains and provides what he feels is anatomical evidence. (Which we know is untrue based on Ronald himself, ironically.) All that weakening the points of resistance in the maxilla does is allow for an easier split and thus greater expansion from a singular MSE device. There is no evidence that making cuts on the surface of bone in order to allow it to become more flexible would cause any disconnect from the lateral expansion of the maxilla influencing the enhanced appearance of the zygomatic bones.

• +1

You actually might be right. I watched a video where the anatomy of surgical assist was detailed. The cuts do seem to interfere with zygos projection. I am somewhat distraught

• So Sad
Anyone reading this try cortipuncture first to get the most out of mse midfacial expansion wise.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 6403
You actually might be right. I watched a video where the anatomy of surgical assist was detailed. The cuts do seem to interfere with zygos projection. I am somewhat distraught
how old are you that you had to do it?

how old are you that you had to do it?
18. I didn’t HAVE to, they just advertised it to me as being better because it “splits the suture” and causes faster expansion. I feel mislead tbh

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Deleted member 6892
18. I didn’t HAVE to, they just advertised it to me as being better because it “splits the suture” and causes faster expansion. I feel mislead tbh
I thought the rate for splitting the suture at 18 is like 90%. Can’t you just wait until surgical sits cuts heal or something?

I (age 28) had a failed suture split on my 1st MSE then I got it re-install with corticopuncture. The pattern went as follows (I couldnt see underneath the MSE) with the pattern being multiple punctures forming a two line cuts with stipples in the back ____ ____ [MSE] ::::..

It took about 24 turns in about 2 weeks for the suture to split, with the split occurring as a result of a single turn (diastema forming in the course of one hour w/ tenderness at the front.)
How many punctures did the doctor do?

I thought the rate for splitting the suture at 18 is like 90%. Can’t you just wait until surgical sits cuts heal or something?
Never mind I just called Vaughan and my original post might be correct. Who knows. To really get any midface expansion from MSE you need 10mm or more anyway which is why before and afters are so obscure. I’m not sure what I should expect to see personally. Guess I’ll be the test subject for surgical assist! Will be posting before and afters undoubtedly so we can get more info on this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 6892
Never mind I just called Vaughan and my original post might be correct. Who knows. To really get any midface expansion from MSE you need 10mm or more anyway which is why before and afters are so obscure. I’m not sure what I should expect to see personally. Guess I’ll be the test subject for surgical assist! Will be posting before and afters undoubtedly so we can get more info on this.
Also re: the diagram, the cuts look bad but they’re very shallow actually. No way to find out unless someone actually does 10mm+ of expansion via surgical assist and then posts high quality before and afters. Which I will do. Stay tuned for my contribution to public looksmaxxing knowledge!!!!

How many punctures did the doctor do?
I dont really remember, I even asked her to tell me what she was doing when she was performing it and she ignored my request. Prior she told me it was a more intense degree of corticopunture. Maybe MSE providers dont want to give away their competitive advantage or something.

I dont really remember, I even asked her to tell me what she was doing when she was performing it and she ignored my request. Prior she told me it was a more intense degree of corticopunture. Maybe MSE providers dont want to give away their competitive advantage or something.
Yeah but was it many or just a few? Dr. Ting said he does like 25-30.

Yeah but was it many or just a few? Dr. Ting said he does like 25-30.
AFAIK there was a pattern with punctures anterior to the MSE were close enough to connect forming two separate line so I couldnt count them, with a bunch stippled in the back. Id say I had about 20-30 as a guestimate.

AFAIK there was a pattern with punctures anterior to the MSE were close enough to connect forming two separate line so I couldnt count them, with a bunch stippled in the back. Id say I had about 20-30 as a guestimate.
fuck and it still took that long to get a split

Yes, I also explain cases like yours to my patients.

But I think it’s better to get the suture split from the beginning of the fist expander. That’s my opinion.

Also re: the diagram, the cuts look bad but they’re very shallow actually. No way to find out unless someone actually does 10mm+ of expansion via surgical assist and then posts high quality before and afters. Which I will do. Stay tuned for my contribution to public looksmaxxing knowledge!!!!
so what is it better w surgical assist?
i guess facepulling would be better

so what is it better w surgical assist?
i guess facepulling would be better
Yes facepulling is better but I don’t know about the efficacy of facepulling in general dude

Think and consult with your ortho about stopping the turns for a while. Chew hard foods and even some rubber.
Is chewing to further stress the suture and increase chances of a split?

Resistance to suture split is a common problem with adult males because the bones are less flexible. Sad shit. It causes the mse screws to tip rather than give expansion
Does vitamin D and K2 help with splitting the suture or is that cope?

My ortho is in LA, but seeing how quickly you get it makes me think my ortho is took her sweet time. Do orthos stall as insurance to increase the likeliness that they get paid over a period of time if the patient is on a monthly payment plan?
I think that happened to me

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
Does vitamin D and K2 help with splitting the suture or is that cope?
I have no knowledge on the subject but those generally seem to be brought up in discussions centered around bone remodelling and growth (so I would think no)

So everything Ronald stated months ago about MSE and splitting the suture is coming full circle to be true. And people still wanna call him a con artist...🤦🏽‍♂️

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
Damn bro that's tuff, how much extra did they make you pay for surgical assist?

Damn bro that's tuff, how much extra did they make you pay for surgical assist?
2500 but tbh now i’m retreading my thoughts. I still have enough money to do the other shit I want and this will give my narrow ass palate the most expansion possible by far. So i’m kinda grateful actually

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
So everything Ronald stated months ago about MSE and splitting the suture is coming full circle to be true. And people still wanna call him a con artist...🤦🏽‍♂️
No this was already known to be true. Who is calling him a con artist? Mse objectively does have the ability to split the suture

No this was already known to be true. Who is calling him a con artist? Mse objectively does have the ability to split the suture
Nah I'm just saying for the people that always question Ronald. Btw, I'm glad you're grateful for the assist. A wider palate is a blessing in itself in so many ways bruh

• +1
Reactions: wagbox
How is that possible. With enough turns wouldn’t the suture split? Where else would the maxilla parts go?

The screws simply tip until suture split. The most amount of turns I have heard of pre-split was 56 and resulted in a successful expansion.

The screws simply tip until suture split. The most amount of turns I have heard of pre-split was 56 and resulted in a successful expansion.
Funny because I'm pretty sure my suture just split, 54 turns, I felt a lot of aching behind my four front teeth at the top then heard a pop and sharp pain

Funny because I'm pretty sure my suture just split, 54 turns, I felt a lot of aching behind my four front teeth at the top then heard a pop and sharp pain

Sometimes people describe the feeling as more of a “relieving” feeling.

Is the sharp pain around the screws? If so take a well-lit intra-oral picture with your cell phone, and make sure there isn’t excessive screw tipping.

Can post the picture or DM if you want.

Sometimes people describe the feeling as more of a “relieving” feeling.

Is the sharp pain around the screws? If so take a well-lit intra-oral picture with your cell phone, and make sure there isn’t excessive screw tipping.

Can post the picture or DM if you want.

I wouldn’t say it’s any where near the screws , after my three turns in the morning my top front teeth were aching the whole day and then I felt the pain peak and then a pop and some shooting pain and my top front teeth are really tender right now , can’t chew with them or it hurts so that lends me to believing it was my suture that splits , we’ll see tomorrow after I do some more turns

• Love it
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
I wouldn’t say it’s any where near the screws , after my three turns in the morning my top front teeth were aching the whole day and then I felt the pain peak and then a pop and some shooting pain and my top front teeth are really tender right now , can’t chew with them or it hurts so that lends me to believing it was my suture that splits , we’ll see tomorrow after I do some more turns
How old are you btw?

Not sure honestly, I'm 19 so I didn't expect my suture to resist this much, the expander is expanding but the screws are bending , I got a cbtc after i got the MSE placed and the screw positions were "excellent" according to the orthodontist

pic attached
View attachment 644271
Bro try to chew 9 chewing for hours.
Chewing help the suture to split.
Do it everydays.
Or buy relaxin lmao in the deep weeb.
You can do both actually.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero