Thoughts and Experience on this Serum?

sebchi

sebchi

Iron
Interested in buying this serum for my dark spots, past acne marks, and hyperpigmentation......Any thoughts?
Screenshot 2024 03 11 060730

weird zoom, image is normal when clicked on lol

It'll work.

• +1
Reactions: sebchi
niacinamide works for most people

DON’T MIX: AHA/BHA and niacinamide​

Niacinamide is used to treat hyperpigmentation and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) are chemical exfoliants. To understand why niacinamide shouldn’t be mixed with AHAs and BHAs, you need to consider pH. “AHAs and BHAs usually have a pH around 3.0 to 4.0, while niacinamide usually has a pH around 5.0 to 7.0,” explains board-certified dermatologist Hadley King, M.D. “When you mix these ingredients, you’re likely to raise the pH of the acid and lower the pH of the niacinamide.”

These changes in pH can decrease the efficacy of both products and lead to irritation. “The higher the pH, the less AHA gets absorbed by the skin,” Dr. King says, adding that when the pH of niacinamide gets lowered, it can convert into niacin, another form of vitamin B3 which can cause flushing and redness.

DON’T MIX: AHA/BHA and niacinamide​

Niacinamide is used to treat hyperpigmentation and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) are chemical exfoliants. To understand why niacinamide shouldn’t be mixed with AHAs and BHAs, you need to consider pH. “AHAs and BHAs usually have a pH around 3.0 to 4.0, while niacinamide usually has a pH around 5.0 to 7.0,” explains board-certified dermatologist Hadley King, M.D. “When you mix these ingredients, you’re likely to raise the pH of the acid and lower the pH of the niacinamide.”

These changes in pH can decrease the efficacy of both products and lead to irritation. “The higher the pH, the less AHA gets absorbed by the skin,” Dr. King says, adding that when the pH of niacinamide gets lowered, it can convert into niacin, another form of vitamin B3 which can cause flushing and redness.
Ok thanks for the info! Could I use one am and then the other pm? After double cleansing, it seems like that wouldnt be a problem. But fr thank you, I’m going to look more into it.

Ok thanks for the info! Could I use one am and then the other pm? After double cleansing, it seems like that wouldnt be a problem. But fr thank you, I’m going to look more into it.
you could try it, but that might be too much for your face, you never know until you try it yourself as skincare is not an exactscience.
And just a tip .org might not be the best place to ask for skincare advice, most members say shit like 'dont use stupid jew shit on your face full of estrogen, just diet and smear cum and rae honey on your face'. Skincareaddiction on reddit is more high iq for this questions, read the "read more" on the subreddit.
IMG 3872

Thank you, you helped a lot. I def see that bc it has happened under different posts of mine, I just ignore it. But I will definitely join that reddit too. I use tretinoin every 2-3 nights, so my skin is ised to strong products, I will def experiment and see how my skin reacts. The least I can do is learn how to balance the products throughout the week to maximize efficiency.