What kind of jaw surgery do I need? (Detailed photos)

B

BecomingHuman

Bronze
IMG 6020
IMG 6019
IMG 6023
Capture1
Capture
Capture5
Capture9
IMG 6016
IMG 6018
IMG 6021
IMG 6022
IMG 6024

Hello,
What jaw surgery do you think I need?

I'm in progress of getting opinions from multiple surgeons.

One surgeon suggested orthodontics + BSSO, I didn't ask about how much mm BSSO he would do.
What worries me is the inclination of upper teeth. He said it could be fixed with orthodontics. But I believe that my teeth are inclined so much that it's beyond fixing with orthodontics.
Yet I don't imagine how I could get CCW without getting monkey syndrome.

What do you guys think?

PS: Sorry for having beard, I didn't think surgeon would do photo session that day. Anyways, I should not have went to consultation with beard.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ, Tai Lung, Weed and 1 other person
View attachment 2655216View attachment 2655217View attachment 2655218View attachment 2655219View attachment 2655221View attachment 2655223View attachment 2655224View attachment 2655227View attachment 2655229View attachment 2655230View attachment 2655231View attachment 2655232

Hello,
What jaw surgery do you think I need?

I'm in progress of getting opinions from multiple surgeons.

One surgeon suggested orthodontics + BSSO, I didn't ask about how much mm BSSO he would do.
What worries me is the inclination of upper teeth. He said it could be fixed with orthodontics. But I believe that my teeth are inclined so much that it's beyond fixing with orthodontics.
Yet I don't imagine how I could get CCW without getting monkey syndrome.

What do you guys think?

PS: Sorry for having beard, I didn't think surgeon would do photo session that day. Anyways, I should not have went to consultation with beard.
Why do you think your upper teeth are beyond fixing? If your ortho says you can get braces then you should. This is called the decompensation phase which allows for maximum mandible advancement.

Your upper jaw is recessed. Ditch the surgeon saying you only need BSSO. Your nasolabial angle is too big + you have nasolabial folds - classic sign of LF1 case.

My upper jaw is less recessed then yours and I’m getting 4mm LF1.

Also, ‘monkey syndrome’ as you call it is due to too much linear advancement, rotations are actually there to allow for more mandible advancement with comparably less LF1 advancement.

• +1
Reactions: BecomingHuman and Deleted member 32485
Why do you think your upper teeth are beyond fixing?

Your upper jaw is recessed. Ditch the surgeon saying you only need BSSO. Your nasolabial angle is too big + you have nasolabial folds - classic sign of LF1 case.

Also, ‘monkey syndrome’ as you call it is due to too much linear advancement, rotations are actually there to allow for more mandible advancement with comparably less LF1 advancement.

I wanted to say that optimal 'angle' of teeth can't be achieved by only using orthodontics without surgical intervention to the upper jaw. It definitely could be improved just by using orthodontics. And I'm going to get orthodontics before surgery.

I think that I need to ditch the surgeon too, based on reviews I think he's just really conservative because of lack of experience. I hope 2nd surgeon that I'll see on February will offer LF1. I was thinking about nasolabial folds problem too. I wonder if LF1 would improve it.

Thanks for useful info.

• +1
Reactions: eagle_tren123

By the way. Do you think I should mention ramus widening and chin height improvements to the surgeon when I have next consultation?

By the way. Do you think I should mention ramus widening and chin height improvements to the surgeon when I have next consultation?
Yes sure. Although a bit of ramus widening will always be done as it’s part of the surgery, but not enough to make a difference. If you want noticeable ramus widening you’d def need to ask, or just go to a blackpilled surgeon jfl

• +1
Reactions: BecomingHuman

Double jaw imo

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Soychadcell, Softboymaxx, Tai Lung and 2 others
how long did ortho told you to wear braces as preparation for surgery in your case approximetely?

how long did ortho told you to wear braces as preparation for surgery in your case approximetely?
I have my visit planned on February, I should know more on February.

But only if he goes to the one of the top surgeons. No blue pilled cuck surgeon is doing this
I can't afford top surgeon unfortunately, I'll be not getting so drastic results.

I can't afford top surgeon unfortunately, I'll be not getting so drastic results.
You can’t afford even the Euro surgeons like ramieri or pagnoni? Can always try getting a loan

After searching their prices it seems that I could afford these, I'll consider getting consultations with them after consultation from local surgeon

• +1
Reactions: cheerio