Will salt substitutes give me hyperkalemia?

ManletJordanBarrett

ManletJordanBarrett

Iron
I’ve seen some people on here say they put salt substitutes (potassium chloride) into water and drink it for potassium, I’m about to purchase some but I don’t want to get hyperkalemia and die, how do I take it without having too much potassium?

I’ve seen some people on here say they put salt substitutes (potassium chloride) into water and drink it for potassium, I’m about to purchase some but I don’t want to get hyperkalemia and die, how do I take it without having too much potassium?
@pneumocystosis @slavicpsycho @PseudoMaxxer

Dying from pottasium is a meme. If you take too much though you will feel exhausted and experience heavy muscle fatigue, in which case you should supplement with sodium.

• +1
Reactions: BigLooks22 and ManletJordanBarrett
Dying from pottasium is a meme. If you take too much though you will feel exhausted and experience heavy muscle fatigue, in which case you should supplement with sodium.
I see, what would qualify as too much? I’m thinking I’m gonna try to take 6g per day because I have a pretty high sodium diet

I see, what would qualify as too much? I’m thinking I’m gonna try to take 6g per day because I have a pretty high sodium diet
The highest I would take in a day is 30g only after I eat fast food or something. Beyond that it gets risky. Also this:
in which case you should supplement with sodium.
Is wrong. My mistake. Once you take too much pottasium you just kind of have to ride it out and it sucks. With experience you know how much your body can take before you get to that point.

• +1
Reactions: ManletJordanBarrett
The highest I would take in a day is 30g only after I eat fast food or something. Beyond that it gets risky. Also this:

Is wrong. My mistake. Once you take too much pottasium you just kind of have to ride it out and it sucks. With experience you know how much your body can take before you get to that point.
Thanks, will try today

30g!? 😂

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
Shit nvm you're right. I take 16g after fast food I'm a retard. I meant 30g of pottasium chloride powder.

Please don't take 30g of straight pottasium lmao.
The thing I got (Nosalt) says it’s 640mg potassium, is this actually the amount of potassium I get from it or would it be half of that.

The thing I got (Nosalt) says it’s 640mg potassium, is this actually the amount of potassium I get from it or would it be half of that.
Yes that's the amount of pottasium you get. The total amount of pottasium chloride (nosalt) is around twice that.

@pneumocystosis @slavicpsycho @PseudoMaxxer
No u wont die thats cope, I used to put 1g potassium salt on a spoon and eat it and get fully debloated in under an hour, just prepare for it to taste like shit

This was really old tho like last year, whenever i want to debloat now I just fast for 6+ hours

• +1
No u wont die thats cope, I used to put 1g potassium salt on a spoon and eat it and get fully debloated in under an hour, just prepare for it to taste like shit

This was really old tho like last year, whenever i want to debloat now I just fast for 6+ hours
Damn only 1g? I drink like 2g worth of potassium from coconut water every day and I’m usually bloated, I think it’s from my shitty high sodium ethnic diet though, I’m gonna take 2g of the Nosalt and the 2g from coconut water every day and hope 4g potassium is enough to keep me from being subhuman.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho
Damn only 1g? I drink like 2g worth of potassium from coconut water every day and I’m usually bloated, I think it’s from my shitty high sodium ethnic diet though, I’m gonna take 2g of the Nosalt and the 2g from coconut water every day and hope 4g potassium is enough to keep me from being subhuman.
Just take as much as you can without throwing up, remember fluids bloat you too

• +1