Any skincare questions?

How to make skin look better as a last minute thing.

Any thanks for your help btw
Hydration is going to be your best option for getting a big improvement in a short time frame. Pile on the humectants. No problem, that's what I'm here for.
How can i know whats my skin type?
He was talking about his Fitzpatrick type. It's a scale which is really easy to fit yourself on just google it and you should be able to figure out.
No, only moisturizer, facial cleanser and spf. I am open for suggestions.
Theres a few product suggestions in my guide.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh, JameshetfieldOnRoids, Ethnicsmatter and 1 other person
He was talking about his Fitzpatrick type. It's a scale which is really easy to fit yourself on just google it and you should be able to figure out.
Thanks.

What di u think about Red light therapy cheap lamp? Is Better Only 660nm or 660 and 850?

What di u think about Red light therapy cheap lamp? Is Better Only 660nm or 660 and 850?
Not my area, sorry bro. My only experience with red light therapy is what I've had done in clinics.

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter
Thoughts on The Ordinary products?
They're cheap and I've got a store near home

Thoughts on The Ordinary products?
They're cheap and I've got a store near home
I like a lot of them. Some can be a bit hit and miss but for the most part they're great.

• +1
Reactions: Piro
I like a lot of them. Some can be a bit hit and miss but for the most part they're great.
Thanks, brought Retin-A (0.1%) and will buy them for everything else

What are your thoughts on this?

Morning
  • Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • Moisturise - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
  • SPF - Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants
Evening
  • 1st Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • 2nd Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • Retinoid - A-Ret 0.1% gel (Retina-A)
  • Wait 20-30 minutes *
  • Moisturiser - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Thanks, brought Retin-A (0.1%) and will buy them for everything else

What are your thoughts on this?

Morning
  • Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • Moisturise - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
  • SPF - Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants
Evening
  • 1st Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • 2nd Cleanse - Squalane Cleanser
  • Retinoid - A-Ret 0.1% gel (Retina-A)
  • Wait 20-30 minutes *
  • Moisturiser - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
As far as a routine goes, it's good.
I've never tried their sunscreens so couldn't comment on that.
In my experience the squalane cleanser is good, but it tends to get used up quite quickly so that might be something to be aware of.
With the NMF + HA, I've found that on my very dry skin it's not quite enough so that might be something to bare in mind if you're using a strong tretinoin. But then again you might be absolutely fine- it's totally an individual thing.

• +1
Reactions: Piro
In my experience the squalane cleanser is good, but it tends to get used up quite quickly so that might be something to be aware of.
What do you mean by used up? Do I have to switch from time to time?

Hey man, thanks for the thread. I started using 0.025% tretinoin a few days ago and dont notice or feel a single thing each time I apply. Is this a good thing? I thought it would be stronger than this

Maybe I need to go to 0.05%?

What do you mean by used up? Do I have to switch from time to time?
Sorry for the confusion, I meant used up as in I tend to finish the tube really quite quickly.
Hey man, thanks for the thread. I started using 0.025% tretinoin a few days ago and dont notice or feel a single thing each time I apply. Is this a good thing? I thought it would be stronger than this

Maybe I need to go to 0.05%?
No. It's fine that you're not feeling anything. If after a few months you're still tolerating it really well, then move up to a 0.05%.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodMilitant
Sorry for the confusion, I meant used up as in I tend to finish the tube really quite quickly.

No. It's fine that you're not feeling anything. If after a few months you're still tolerating it really well, then move up to a 0.05%.
Okay thanks. What’s the reasoning behind waiting if it’s clear that my skin can handle the current strength?

Okay thanks. What’s the reasoning behind waiting if it’s clear that my skin can handle the current strength?
Think about it logically, if your skin isn't overly comfortable with this strength, it's not going to handle doubling the concentration overly well. If it can't handle the 0.05% to the point where you have to stop and take a break, you'll then have to start from scratch over again to build your tolerance back up after having however long off in order for your skin to recover. That and getting your skin back to good condition after hitting a retinoid too hard can be a pain in the fucking nuts.

• Love it
Reactions: NorwoodMilitant
Hi ! I've read one had better not to rub suncream into your skin but distribute it evenly and then leave it alone. Trouble is, I'm compelled to rub it into my skin to avoid white cast due to my skin color. Is that really an issue ? Btw, are there any actives left as efficient and scientifically backed as those you recommend using in your guide ?

Hi ! I've read one had better not to rub suncream into your skin but distribute it evenly and then leave it alone. Trouble is, I'm compelled to rub it into my skin to avoid white cast due to my skin color. Is that really an issue ? Btw, are there any actives left as efficient and scientifically backed as those you recommend using in your guide ?
No, rub it in. Obviously don't rub so hard that it looks like you're trying to sandpaper yourself to the bone, but you know what I mean. Anyways, with the amount of sunscreen that you should be applying, you're gonna have to rub it in otherwise you're just going to have a thick layer of product on top of your skin.
As far as the question of actives goes, there are plenty of other actives that are great and have plenty of backing, but think of the ones in the guide as the main ones that have years of use behind them. The reason that the "old school" actives like these are back in fashion and there's not a ton in terms of new actives is the ban on animal testing. There's a lot of development currently going on to find animal testing alternatives, but until those are up and running and widely available, you're not going to be seeing many new actives coming out.

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter and Thanos
@benignice

what is the best brand for buying retin-A, i saw alot of retin-o and weird named brands on alldaychemist?

Where to buy good quality retin a
I've only ever gotten tretinoin from a dermatologist- thats what I'd recommend quite honestly.

• +1
Reactions: noped
really? im from US, but ive never made an appointment with a dematologist b4. Are they private or covered by healthcare?
Quite honestly, fuck knows with the US healthcare system. I'm in the UK.

• +1
Reactions: noped
What's the best cleanser and moisturizer you recommend for oily skin?

What's the best cleanser and moisturizer you recommend for oily skin?
Check the guide I wrote- theres a few product recs in there.

• +1
Reactions: her
Check the guide I wrote- theres a few product recs in there.
So for the cleanser I'm guessing Avene Eau Thermale Cleanance Cleansing Gel? I know that's for the 2nd cleanse, but I'm in a budget so I'm gonna use it for 1st and 2nd cleanse.

Then there's also the CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, but on their site it says it's for normal to dry skin.

For the moisturizer I'm going with either CeraVe (if they have one for oily skin), or La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+.

So for the cleanser I'm guessing Avene Eau Thermale Cleanance Cleansing Gel? I know that's for the 2nd cleanse, but I'm in a budget so I'm gonna use it for 1st and 2nd cleanse.

For the moisturizer I'm going with either CeraVe (if they have one for oily skin), or La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+.
Yep those would work

• +1
Reactions: her
BHA best option for blackheads on nose/cheek area?