Guide to moving out of your parents home young (under 25)

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
40% of people between 20-40 live at home or are funded by their parents. So this guide is for people who want to move out on the internet people will gaslight you and make it seem like you need to be rich but its doable even in major cities for much cheaper then you'd imagine

What you will need before moving out(prerequisites):
In America you probably want to at least have a license. You don't need a car in some major cities but I would not recommend leaving until you do that even if you don't want/need a car. Also at least a HS diploma. As for funds 2-3 grand is ideal if you have no support/conenctions in the area. Also make sure to get your social security card and any other records like a passport. Anyways there's other stuff you need but this is the basics use common sense as well depending on the city you may or may not need a car. I would say so long as you do not have some medical issue and you are a healthy young man this is all you need

You need roommates do not bother with some studio flat or apartment.
On reddit people complaining that rent is 2 grand a month are sort of full of it. Even in the most expensive American cities like NYC its more then possible to get under 1 grand rent and keep in mind if you pay 900 a month your wages will be nearly double in a cheaper city. But don't look on apartment sites. They will put all kinds of BS requirements like a 700 credit score 4K a month provable income and all this to get a place that will cost you double what you can get with roommates.

Where to find roommates:
If you are college age I'd recommend trying to find places advertising to students as they will expect broke people but you also won't be rooming with crack heads. The two best places for finding rooms are craigslist and facebook market place you can look up the city you want to move to and type in rooms for rent. You will pay for a room in some shared house/large apartment and get to use the kitchen and if your lucky you might get your own shower. For those saying they can't stand roommates you got no choice unless you already have a job or parents supporting you then you will never get a lease for a studio flat on your own. And even if by some miracle they let you it will be double or triple the price of having roommates even in places like NYC where entry wages are higher you will pay at least half your income to that apartment and save zero cash.

Vetting sellers:
Like I said above you really don't want to move into some crack house and there are a lot of weirdos on those sites. I'd recommend calling the seller and ideally try and find college kids as they are going to be in a similar situation saving money but they also won't steal and it won't be unsafe. If you can't find college kids then the next best option is finding a boomer who will let you rent a room in his house. Most people will accept 1 months rent and a security deposit to move in (Security deposit just means giving them an amount of money usually 1 extra months rent and as soon as you move out they legally have to give it back if you don't break anything or miss payments). There are even people who will let you rent a little area in their garage if you really want to save money although I would say getting a full room is better. Just look up the buyers name make sure they have no criminal record and they aren't a total weirdo. I also recommend calling them ahead of time and when you move to that city make sure to visit them at a coffee shop. Just give off the impression you aren't a total weirdo and that you are responsible and will pay your bills on time.

What you should do before you physically fly out or drive to the city you plan to move to.
So I already mentioned 2-3 grand savings this will be enough in nearly every major city to hold you over till you have a job. Ideally before getting there you want to have maybe 4 leads for room/rent in case some go bust. And you should order an airbnb which will be much cheaper for the week you arrive you have a place to put your stuff. 1 week airbnbs are normally under 1 grand if you are smart or if you bring your car with you just camp out there. Also I'd recommend using Indeed and other job sites to apply ahead of time so you could have a job within a week of being there. But once you get a room for rent you will have at least a month to find work that should be enough time to get a 15-20 an hour job in a big city places like amazon are good if you are desperate since they will hire you within 1 day and they pay every other day but if you got some cash then look for a better job.

Concluding thoughts:
Made this thread because my parents and reddit/society gaslight us on how hard it is to just leave. You can leave with practically no money to your name. Even in the most expensive cities like LA it is "possible" to find rent for 900 a month or less and the jobs there pay more proportionally too. If you want to leave quit making excuses you can do it as soon as you have basic records for employment and a measly 2-3 grand saved. Just make sure the city has good employment and if it costs more then you will also get paid more. Don't eat out or buy gay shit either but its doable. In NYC there are rooms for 800 and you can get a 20 an hour Mcdonalds job in a week. Do the math 20 X 40 = 800 meaning you can pay rent in 1 week of entry work. You don't need your parents to cosign a place or some 2 grand a month studio flat.

Good luck everyone hope this thread helps someone who was like me I wish I had done this last year

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Jase, Respalier, mug and 5 others
it's doable just pointless and a waste of money.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: tombradylover, Rimaxtis, Splinter901 and 7 others
Rotting at home with no freedom can be worse man. If you get decent work you can easily pay for basic living costs in 1/4 or 1/3 the income you make just off an amazon job.

And this is assuming you only worked 40 hours a week with a job you could find in a week so it'll get better if you try and find better work too

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Roquefort, Okkypras, Respalier and 1 other person
Just move to SEA and have an online business then before you come back when you make 10k.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Yuhbwoynadia
How do I this without reading

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Trilogy and Deleted member 11126
Rotting at home with no freedom can be worse man. If you get decent work you can easily pay for basic living costs in 1/4 or 1/3 the income you make just off an amazon job.

And this is assuming you only worked 40 hours a week with a job you could find in a week so it'll get better if you try and find better work too
You dont understand that when you live with a roommate or other people, its the same situation like living with your parents. Good luck taking your date to some one room bedroom when you live with a 5 roommates or with same boomer.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, chadcel;, PrinceofDarkness and 3 others
Just move to SEA and have an online business then before you come back when you make 10k.
Going to a foreign country before ever leaving your home town is a bad idea. Wouldn't do it unless you get a for sure online income making 1K a month. In America/1st world you can easily make more money if you fuck up but in SEA if you get stranded without cash you are fucked and will have to beg your parents to give you some money.

Last edited:
40% of people between 20-40 live at home or are funded by their parents. So this guide is for people who want to move out on the internet people will gaslight you and make it seem like you need to be rich but its doable even in major cities for much cheaper then you'd imagine

In America you probably want to at least have a license. You don't need a car in some major cities but I would not recommend leaving until you do that even if you don't want/need a car. Also at least a HS diploma. As for funds 2-3 grand is ideal if you have no support/conenctions in the area. Also make sure to get your social security card and any other records like a passport. Anyways there's other stuff you need but this is the basics use common sense as well depending on the city you may or may not need a car. I would say so long as you do not have some medical issue and you are a healthy young man this is all you need

On reddit people complaining that rent is 2 grand a month are sort of full of it. Even in the most expensive American cities like NYC its more then possible to get under 1 grand rent and keep in mind if you pay 900 a month your wages will be nearly double in a cheaper city. But don't look on apartment sites. They will put all kinds of BS requirements like a 700 credit score 4K a month provable income and all this to get a place that will cost you double what you can get with roommates.

Where to find roommates:
If you are college age I'd recommend trying to find places advertising to students as they will expect broke people but you also won't be rooming with crack heads. The two best places for finding rooms are craigslist and facebook market place you can look up the city you want to move to and type in rooms for rent. You will pay for a room in some shared house/large apartment and get to use the kitchen and if your lucky you might get your own shower. For those saying they can't stand roommates you got no choice unless you already have a job or parents supporting you then you will never get a lease for a studio flat on your own. And even if by some miracle they let you it will be double or triple the price of having roommates even in places like NYC where entry wages are higher you will pay at least half your income to that apartment and save zero cash.

Vetting sellers:
Like I said above you really don't want to move into some crack house and there are a lot of weirdos on those sites. I'd recommend calling the seller and ideally try and find college kids as they are going to be in a similar situation saving money but they also won't steal and it won't be unsafe. If you can't find college kids then the next best option is finding a boomer who will let you rent a room in his house. Most people will accept 1 months rent and a security deposit to move in (Security deposit just means giving them an amount of money usually 1 extra months rent and as soon as you move out they legally have to give it back if you don't break anything or miss payments). There are even people who will let you rent a little area in their garage if you really want to save money although I would say getting a full room is better. Just look up the buyers name make sure they have no criminal record and they aren't a total weirdo. I also recommend calling them ahead of time and when you move to that city make sure to visit them at a coffee shop. Just give off the impression you aren't a total weirdo and that you are responsible and will pay your bills on time.

What you should do before you physically fly out or drive to the city you plan to move to.
So I already mentioned 2-3 grand savings this will be enough in nearly every major city to hold you over till you have a job. Ideally before getting there you want to have maybe 4 leads for room/rent in case some go bust. And you should order an airbnb which will be much cheaper for the week you arrive you have a place to put your stuff. 1 week airbnbs are normally under 1 grand if you are smart or if you bring your car with you just camp out there. Also I'd recommend using Indeed and other job sites to apply ahead of time so you could have a job within a week of being there. But once you get a room for rent you will have at least a month to find work that should be enough time to get a 15-20 an hour job in a big city places like amazon are good if you are desperate since they will hire you within 1 day and they pay every other day but if you got some cash then look for a better job.

Concluding thoughts:
Made this thread because my parents and reddit/society gaslight us on how hard it is to just leave. You can leave with practically no money to your name. Even in the most expensive cities like LA it is "possible" to find rent for 900 a month or less and the jobs there pay more proportionally too. If you want to leave quit making excuses you can do it as soon as you have basic records for employment and a measly 2-3 grand saved. Just make sure the city has good employment and if it costs more then you will also get paid more. Don't eat out or buy gay shit either but its doable. In NYC there are rooms for 800 and you can get a 20 an hour Mcdonalds job in a week. Do the math 20 X 40 = 800 meaning you can pay rent in 1 week of entry work. You don't need your parents to cosign a place or some 2 grand a month studio flat.

Good luck everyone hope this thread helps someone who was like me I wish I had done this last year
Then when you're ethnic your family want you to stay with them until you're married off and you've got a new home.

• Ugh..
Reactions: thereallegend
Be0I7kgIQAAOJKi.png

Going to a foreign country before ever leaving your home town is a bad idea. Wouldn't do it unless you get a for sure income. In America/1st world you can easily make more money if you fuck up but in SEA if you get stranded without cash you are fucked and will have to beg your parents to give you some money.
>anime avi
not a word

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
You dont understand that when you live with a roommate or other people, its the same situation like living with your parents. Good luck taking your date to some one room bedroom when you live with a 5 roommates or with same boomer.
You get an entire room to yourself and can use most things in the house. Have fun paying for a shitty box for 2K a month that's an even bigger shithole then just sharing it with college people. As long as they aren't dicks its a pretty cool living expierence you will also live better then any sort of college dorm.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: tombradylover, PrinceofDarkness, thereallegend and 3 others
Absolutely not. If you're gonna live in shared housing you might as well just stay with your family
If you room with college age people you will make friends. It was pretty fun also people don't disturb your room. This frat guy would always have a case of beer and would let me have some on friday but people treat you with respect since you pay rent there so you don't feel like its not your home.

If you room with college age people you will make friends. It was pretty fun also people don't disturb your room. This frat guy would always have a case of beer and would let me have some on friday but people treat you with respect since you pay rent there so you don't feel like its not your home.
Speak for yourself. You got lucky. Roommates can be hit or miss, but it's definitely more on the miss end of the scale ime. I prefer - no, I demand to be alone

• +1
Reactions: chadcel;, PrinceofDarkness, JawMogger and 1 other person
Speak for yourself. You got lucky. Roommates can be hit or miss, but it's definitely more on the miss end of the scale ime. I prefer - no, I demand to be alone
I have my own room bathroom/shower and a balcony connected to my room. Your home life is decent then don't move out till 25 I guess but the point of this thread was to tell people how its possible for virtually any broke young person to move out and get a stable situation.

I still make more money then I ever could have back home even with rent/food. Economic oppurtunity is better and I feel more motivated to work harder

Last edited:
im too ugly to move in with roommates. god forbid i get a chad roommate. would rope in my room.

• JFL
Reactions: chadcel; and AspiringMogger
im too ugly to move in with roommates. god forbid i get a chad roommate. would rope in my room.
find some stem faggots then man seen ads where people list their majors or careers

Then when you're ethnic your family want you to stay with them until you're married off and you've got a new home.
This makes logical sense though

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
issa good plan, imma do some shit like this cuz I got 3k saved

• Love it
boomer who will let you rent a room in his house
i know people who do this and it’s like dog, you wouldn’t been that same thing with your parents

• Hmm...
i know people who do this and it’s like dog, you wouldn’t been that same thing with your parents
Yeah moving in with college kids is ideal since your paying like 1/4th the apartment or something versus living in someones house.

But it depends man I knew this guy who lived in some mansion for a year in a room and the rent wasn't insane he got to use their pool grill and kitchen. Its also all about where you move out living in Miami florida in small room would be more fun then living with your parents in a big house in rural Montana

Last edited:
The ideal age to leave your mothers house is around 16 for the US adults who still have a childish mentality I guess 19/20

• +1
Reactions: LowTrust
No your just a man child who wont grow up and stop sucking on mommy titties when he's scared

• JFL
Reactions: LowTrust

Where to find roommates:

Vetting sellers:

Concluding thoughts:

Bookmarked

What are you gonna do once you move out though?

You're just going to a lonely incel but living in a different room and probably with worse people than living with your family

The ideal age to leave your mothers house is around 16 for the US adults who still have a childish mentality I guess 19/20
ideal age to move out is 14 if you can afford to tbh

I can't stay at home any longer but I only have around 2K. I'm either gonna have to have roommates or be homeless

What are you gonna do once you move out though?

You're just going to a lonely incel but living in a different room and probably with worse people than living with your family
Idk its been a month or so since I moved out I feel like it was better I still love my parents but you also need to get away when your young