HOW TO PULL YOUR MAXILLA FORWARD [DEFINITIVE GUIDE]

They stop palate expansion
They have a nuetral efffect. How would they stop palate expansion if they don't even ouch the palate? Do you even know what essix retainers are?

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne
They have a nuetral efffect. How would they stop palate expansion if they don't even ouch the palate? Do you even know what essix retainers are?
Yes, I have one. There is no way the palate can get wider if that plastic mold is holding the teeth in that position. How about you explain how it can expand with that retainer in.

• +1
Yes, I have one. There is no way the palate can get wider if that plastic mold is holding the teeth in that position. How about you explain how it can expand with that retainer in.
You only wear it in the night right? Mike mew said it was fine and you eventually outgrow it anyway.

Also you can't mew while sleping. It's literally impossible unless yyou nail your tongue on your palate lol. There's no harm in putting essix retainer in at night when you can't mew because it doesn't directly affect the palate, only prevents further expansion at the time it's worn.

• +1
You only wear it in the night right? Mike mew said it was fine and you eventually outgrow it anyway.

Also you can't mew while sleping. It's literally impossible unless yyou nail your tongue on your palate lol. There's no harm in putting essix retainer in at night when you can't mew because it doesn't directly affect the palate, only prevents further expansion at the time it's worn.
Short answer: No, I quit wearing it. Long answer: I quit wearing it after being paranoid about my palate expansion being affected at this crucial time (puberty). I have come to the conclusion that you should not have any teeth-straightening appliances in your mouth (retainers, braces, Invisalign, etc.) until the bones in your face are done developing, and your palate is reasonably wide. So basically, I quit wearing it to let my palate expand. I have put it on overnight, and it made the palate width smaller in the morning. I can straighten my teeth at any time in my life, but this is the only time my face is developing. My teeth have kept very well without it too.

• +1
Reactions: noprogressno, Incoming and TheAscendedOne
Short answer: No, I quit wearing it. Long answer: I quit wearing it after being paranoid about my palate expansion being affected at this crucial time (puberty). I have come to the conclusion that you should not have any teeth-straightening appliances in your mouth (retainers, braces, Invisalign, etc.) until the bones in your face are done developing, and your palate is reasonably wide. So basically, I quit wearing it to let my palate expand. I have put it on overnight, and it made the palate width smaller in the morning. I can straighten my teeth at any time in my life, but this is the only time my face is developing. My teeth have kept very well without it too.
Watch mike mew's video on it. He literally said wearing it won't help or hinder growth.
I still have a wide palate despite getting braces as well.

• +1
Watch mike mew's video on it. He literally said wearing it won't help or hinder growth.
It has literally affected my palate width lol. I guess this takes some weight off my shoulders though. Link?

• +1
It has literally affected my palate width lol. I guess this takes some weight off my shoulders though. Link?

He also answered in a qna that it doesn't affect the width but does hinder the affects of mewing. Seeing as I do't need to mew I couldn't really care.

• +1

He also answered in a qna that it doesn't affect the width but does hinder the affects of mewing. Seeing as I do't need to mew I couldn't really care.

This video helped me a lot, thank you. Probably gonna get a fixed retainer on the back of my 4 front teeth so a gap doesn't form.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 2205
I actually do need and want this, but there is almost zero percent chance I am going to ask a dentist do this for me.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 685
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

1. MAKE A MOLD OF YOUR UPPER PALATE.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Orthodontic_Plaster-White.jpg

2. BUILD THE INFRA-ORAL APPLIANCE.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

20190922_190434-jpg.117561

You need to give them clear instructions:
-It doesn't have to tip the teeth in any way shape or form.
-It has to be shaped and fit perfectly to your upper palate.
-It needs a facebow inserted inside as in the photo.

Extra requirement for comfort:
-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.
-Assemble the brackets on the neck brace.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

Below a blurred photo of me while wearing it. :feelskek:

View attachment 118544

HOW MUCH DO I WEAR IT? HOW MUCH FORCE TO APPLY?

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

A big thank you goes to this guy here that inspired me to action.
keep me updated bro

• +1
I actually do need and want this, but there is almost zero percent chance I am going to ask a dentist do this for me.
Why? Anyway, you don't have to ask a dentist, but an orthodontic laboratory. They're qualified enough to create your appliance, but they're not doctors, so they don't charge you hundreds.
keep me updated bro
Ok bro.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 1553
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

View attachment 118544

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

Dn rd.

• +1

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

View attachment 118515

View attachment 118544

In this study

adult-orthotropics.png

I want to widen my jaw anteriorly for square chin and wider lips, which palate expander wil help me? Need you feedback.

• +1
I want to widen my jaw anteriorly for square chin and wider lips, which palate expander wil help me? Need you feedback.
Probably these
IMG_0014.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Incoming and TheAscendedOne
  • WTF
  • +1
K

Then you don’t need or want it
Bro I do need it, but just try and imagine a 15 year old going to a 'dentist laboratory' and requesting them to make this for me. I save maybe 10 usd a week, so there's also little chance for me to pay for this. Just lol if you think my parents will get this for me either.

• +1
Bro I do need it, but just try and imagine a 15 year old going to a 'dentist laboratory' and requesting them to make this for me. I save maybe 10 usd a week, so there's also little chance for me to pay for this. Just lol if you think my parents will get this for me either.
Bro if you really want that forward growth you will make it happen (I believe I you) 😁

• Love it
  • +1
Ask your father to commission this work on your behalf to the ortho-lab, or just keep ldaring.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Luke LLL

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

View attachment 118515

View attachment 118544

In this study

adult-orthotropics.png

this facepuller only pushes the maxilla forward. are you sure the jaw follows up the maxilla if you keep upper and lowert teeth together?

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 2227
this facepuller only pushes the maxilla forward. are you sure the jaw follows up the maxilla if you keep upper and lowert teeth together?
Yes, keep the mouth closed and the lower third will follow organically.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Luke LLL
Yes, that’s the whole idea behind why mewing works. It’s just that the tounge is a weak force.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 2012
I don't feel good about this... alot of the position of the maxilla and facial bones in general also have to do with the cranial base and developmental years, just pulling 1 part up (the maxilla in this case) doesn't necessarily mean it'll help especially at an older age. This could also cause bimaxillary protrusion and make you end up looking like an ape.

Why not get MSE instead? Palatal expansion throughout orthodontic devices like these are way better researched and many people have said to notice facial difference after the expansion.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, OCDMaxxing and Deleted member 2227
I don't feel good about this... alot of the position of the maxilla and facial bones in general also have to do with the cranial base and developmental years, just pulling 1 part up (the maxilla in this case) doesn't necessarily mean it'll help especially at an older age.
Sorry man, but It's becoming tiresome to repeat the same thing over and over again.
If you try to displace a central bone like the maxilla, all the other bones will move accordingly, cause they're all physiologically interlinked. They are literally 3d pieces of a puzzle.
250px-Facial_bones_-_animation02.gif
1550804363-1548770546-gif-1.gif

could also cause bimaxillary protrusion and make you end up looking like an ape
This can't happen, because we are pulling the maxilla from the farthest point away from the teeth, inside the mouth, close to the uvula.

Why not get MSE instead? Palatal expansion throughout orthodontic devices like these are way better researched and many people have said to notice facial difference after the expansion.
Because it doesn't displace the maxilla forward/upward, it just expands the palate. My palate is already wide, It needs to be pushed forward, this can't be done with an MSE.

• +1
Reactions: Incoming, TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2012 and 1 other person
Sorry man, but It's becoming tiresome to repeat the same thing over and over again.
If you try to displace a central bone like the maxilla, all the other bones will move accordingly, cause they're all physiologically interlinked. They are literally 3d pieces of a puzzle.
250px-Facial_bones_-_animation02.gif
1550804363-1548770546-gif-1.gif

This can't happen, because we are pulling the maxilla from the farthest point away from the teeth, inside the mouth, close to the uvula.

Because it doesn't displace the maxilla forward/upward, it just expands the palate. My palate is already wide, It needs to be pushed forward, this can't be done with an MSE.
Alright, keep me updated

• +1
Im 16 yo , so basically i can go to an orthodonthic lab and ask them all this stuff for money ? Seems strange bro

• +1
Man, please go and commission it to a ortho laboratory, I feel this is the only part that if not done correctly can fuck you up. So why do it yourself, gathering the materials, trying and failing, when there's a qualified dude with years of experience, ready to build it for you for a very cheap price.

Regarding the mandible part, the other bone follow naturally the displacement of the maxilla.

That's how you fuck up your whole mouth. The secret is not tipping the teeth in any way.

I linked a study done on monkeys, same technique, dramatic results. Also, keep in mind these animals have thicker and denser bones than us. So, no puberty excuse.
Great thread.

I am skeptical any dental lab in the US would build such an appliance for some random person, because potential liability reasons. What Country do you live in?

Can you elaborate on, or link to, materials to build the mold and appliance, and the metal bow.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, middayshowers, TylerDurden and 1 other person
  • +1
Honestly idk
Sry for bothering you again , but how did you find the pics if you don't know what they are
What are this shit called i need this so bad
IDK, but most people don't realize the importance of anterior jaw width. I'm making a thread about it ,feel free to chime in.

• +1
I am skeptical any dental lab in the US would build such an appliance for some random person, because potential liability reasons. What Country do you live in?
A very cucked western European country. If I got that here, you can too in the land of freedom.

Can you elaborate on, or link to, materials to build the mold and appliance, and the metal bow.
I don't recommend it. But you can find all the materials on eBay/Amazon. You need
-acrylic
-dental silicone
-non toxic plaster for the casting
-a facebow

What are this shit called i need this so bad
What are they called.
You can find them here. Very pricey.

• +1
Sry for bothering you again , but how did you find the pics if you don't know what they are
I didn’t send the pics

• +1
A very cucked western European country. If I got that here, you can too in the land of freedom.
Not likely. The American Dental Association is a powerful lobby group, and they shape government policy. It is probably illegal in most, if not all, States for a dental lab to do contract work for a non Dentist.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and TylerDurden
Not likely. The American Dental Association is a powerful lobby group, and they shape government policy. It is probably illegal in most, if not all, States for a dental lab to do contract work for a non Dentist.
I think if you search well you're gonna find the lab that would do the work for the right amount of shekels.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and TheAscendedOne
Serious question!!
Is it possible while wearing this?
20190925 170658

• +1
i have bonded retainers since long ago do it do shit with forward growth ?
@Dope @CopeAndRope

bonded retainers too ?
There's a video Mike new did on them Certain types don't allow forwards growth and some even make your maxilla push back

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 3043
There's a video Mike new did on them Certain types don't allow forwards growth and some even make your maxilla push back
did he talked about bound retainers ?

• +1
First of all, fantastic thread. In fact this thread alone brought me to request an unban.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 2012 and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and SayNoToRotting
how is this shit thread stickied?

• +1
i have bonded retainers since long ago do it do shit with forward growth ?
@Dope @CopeAndRope
Nope, they only align the teeth and sometime even push them back with your maxilla. Only a facepuller can displace your maxilla forward.
how is this shit thread stickied?
Probably because it's not so shitty.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Catawampus, Deleted member 2012 and 2 others
How long have you been wearing it and have you experienced any noticeable results so far ?

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 3043
To everyone who is trying this: Don't forget to take pics of your side profile every 6 months, then download an app like "angulus"and measure by how many degrees your maxilla and gonial angle have been displaced . And very important: Your resting oral posture throughout the day should be mewing.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, giving120everyday, Deleted member 3043 and 2 others
Screenshot 20191005 230736
Screenshot 20191005 230742

Wich one is the best i need yo have a larger palate and less recessed maxilia

Also what is the price for these ? Do they really sell you that like just a product ?

• +1
so if this soo cheap and easy why dont doctor niggas use them

• +1
  • +1