longer PFL and wider midface Osteotomy

Douglas Sinn describes being capable of doing a similar procedure (seems like the same thing basically), and he says with soft tissue manipulation, and likely increasing orbital pressure, the eyeball itself can “adapt”.

Here’s some excerpts from a thread from JSF a few years ago, of someone discovering basically this exact same procedure:

“So I contacted the Don himself, Dr. Sinn, enquiring whether a palpebral fissure osteotomy could be performed to elongate the palpebral fissures by cutting the lateral orbital rim and moving it laterally with the lateral canthus attached. He said that not only is is possible, but that it is "feasible" and that he's performed it "in the past with good outcomes" and also that "risks minimal".”

“But not everyone is a candidate for such a procedure!! I'm sure Sinn offers orbital volume augmentation too, but not to someone who doesn't need it or the results would be a complete mess with not only aesthetic but also functional consequences. It's not different for the surgery you are now looking into.
Has Sinn seen your pics; did he actually offer you this procedure as you say after seeing your pics? I bet not.

If the lateral orbital rim is moved than the adjacent lateral orbital wall is moved as well, that changes the orbital volume. Perhaps Sinn makes up for this with orbital volume augmentation? It all sounds risky as hell, and if he did actually offer this to you after seeing your pics I'd eat my hat.”

“I would imagine that orbital volume augmentation would be done yes, otherwise I don't see how the positioning of the eyeball would remain stable. I believe that this also underlies what Sinn propounds as soft tissue manipulation to slightly increase the IPD during a mod lf3 too - but again it's speculation!! Myself and another user are consulting with Sinn about this in the coming months - if any of you would be willing to chip in with questions, comments, monetarily etc. it would be most welcome.”

TL;DR : Sinn basically claims to have done this procedure in the past with good results.

Source:https://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,6167.0.html?PHPSESSID=7978b89084169a18f816d090da748f58
link doesnt work

Does anyone have an account there?? Someone someone should link this thread for answers

link doesnt work
It works on my end. But you can google the title:
“HOLY f**k it's officially possible to elongate palpebral fissures with osteotomy”

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: forwardgrowth, Cardiologyscribe and needsolution
Dr. Sinn will agree to anything tbf

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
So you going to Wolfe?
He is US craniofacial surgeon from a hospital so I trust, I don't if it possible with OB to change the orbital box shape from my current which is circular to square like the image below

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass and Cardiologyscribe
He is US craniofacial surgeon from a hospital so I trust, I don't if it possible with OB to change the orbital box shape from my current which is circular to square like the image below
View attachment 252694

Can’t you just do that with a custom implant like this?
FAAE51B9 F55D 425B A0F7 F1B9F717D673

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
Yes but it would make it smaller no? To make it bigger, I.e: wider, you need to cut the lateral orbital rim and move it

Oh I don’t mean as an alternative to the orbital expansion I mean for @forwardgrowth wanting to make his orbits less round and more square as he was saying

But yeah I think ur absolutely right

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Oh I don’t mean as an alternative to the orbital expansion I mean for @forwardgrowth wanting to make his orbits less round and more square as he was saying

But yeah I think ur absolutely right
Yeah I know but he also seems to want expansion of some kind.

If you are satisfied with your IPD and PFL though, full out custom orbital rim implants would be an attractive option. Though it makes me wonder how you’d even get them installed, almost certainly through a coronal incision if you wanted it made out of something like PEEK.

Douglas Sinn describes being capable of doing a similar procedure (seems like the same thing basically), and he says with soft tissue manipulation, and likely increasing orbital pressure, the eyeball itself can “adapt”.

Here’s some excerpts from a thread from JSF a few years ago, of someone discovering basically this exact same procedure:

“So I contacted the Don himself, Dr. Sinn, enquiring whether a palpebral fissure osteotomy could be performed to elongate the palpebral fissures by cutting the lateral orbital rim and moving it laterally with the lateral canthus attached. He said that not only is is possible, but that it is "feasible" and that he's performed it "in the past with good outcomes" and also that "risks minimal".”

“But not everyone is a candidate for such a procedure!! I'm sure Sinn offers orbital volume augmentation too, but not to someone who doesn't need it or the results would be a complete mess with not only aesthetic but also functional consequences. It's not different for the surgery you are now looking into.
Has Sinn seen your pics; did he actually offer you this procedure as you say after seeing your pics? I bet not.

If the lateral orbital rim is moved than the adjacent lateral orbital wall is moved as well, that changes the orbital volume. Perhaps Sinn makes up for this with orbital volume augmentation? It all sounds risky as hell, and if he did actually offer this to you after seeing your pics I'd eat my hat.”

“I would imagine that orbital volume augmentation would be done yes, otherwise I don't see how the positioning of the eyeball would remain stable. I believe that this also underlies what Sinn propounds as soft tissue manipulation to slightly increase the IPD during a mod lf3 too - but again it's speculation!! Myself and another user are consulting with Sinn about this in the coming months - if any of you would be willing to chip in with questions, comments, monetarily etc. it would be most welcome.”

TL;DR : Sinn basically claims to have done this procedure in the past with good results.

Source:https://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,6167.0.html?PHPSESSID=7978b89084169a18f816d090da748f58
@Brandon10 thoughts?

@Brandon10 thoughts?
Not really sure about it, I simply don't see how the eyeball "adapts" to the new orbital width, and if the intraocular pressure is increased as described, that can increase your chances of getting glaucoma as you get older.

Considering the minimal amount of information about this osteotomy and knowing what the orbit anatomy is like, I think it would be impossible to do without disrupting proper function of the eyes. I could be wrong though, so if anyone else has something useful to contribute please let us know.

• +1
Reactions: kota and needsolution
Not really sure about it, I simply don't see how the eyeball "adapts" to the new orbital width, and if the intraocular pressure is increased as described, that can increase your chances of getting glaucoma as you get older.

Considering the minimal amount of information about this osteotomy and knowing what the orbit anatomy is like, I think it would be impossible to do without disrupting proper function of the eyes. I could be wrong though, so if anyone else has something useful to contribute please let us know.
Damn 2mm seems that small but in reality its that much :feelscry:

I need 6mm PFL, is this possible?

• So Sad
Reactions: needsolution
So does orbitals mean protruding cheeksbones? Am still new to all of this
Zygos and orbitals are connected but you are born with your orbital size and it will not change because of protounding zygos.

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
Zygos and orbitals are connected but you are born with your orbital size and it will not change because of protounding zygos.
Btw what is Jordan Barrett pfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, owlofathena and PubertyMaxxer
Around 29-30mm a bit above average but nothing outstanding.
then what is Elias De poot Pfl because he has the best eye area I have seen so far

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
just wait an incel to become a surgeon with 20 years of experience theory

indeed, but these kind of procedures would cover so many things

we need to make it popular
Its never going to popular, first of all majority of people aren't insecure enough to the point where they'd do this shit and second the death rate or fuck up rate is probably high

Honestly I'd get a lefort 3 if it was free. My life isn't that valuable anyway, the better looking the better
Good greycel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Fucking lol @ how people talk about this like it’s commonly done now

we need to find surgeons for this STAT!!!
Good greycel
He was one of the biggest posters here and is just now banned you retarded bluecel kys

Uh, a shame this user got banned

lateral orbital osteotomies are surgeries which I kept an eye on for quite a while now, e.g. C-Shaped Orbital Osteotomy, which looked pretty good on paper, but unfortunately, you can find no pics for it.
It is also thought for syndrome/deformed patients and generally not accepted for cosmetic purpose

The Lookism member @Surgerymax, who is a maxfac in training, wants to pioneer his method

this method would mog ZSO easily and would compliment a MSE too

lVZsGCu.png

3 cuts are made, the coronal one is the most worrying out of them, but it is needed obviously

This guy should join this forum tbh, so I can spam his DMs all day

@eyes
OK, so this > cheek fillers? I'll need to see which is better looking cuz if so I'll get this. Also is MLF3 and this thing doable together. I can get MLF3 From sinn