Question for @realsurgerymax on jaw implant design

P

politically correct

Bronze
So I'm about 5 months post bimax with Ramieri. In my bimax he removed my jaw implants that he placed about 1yr prior. I had a pretty big advancement plus gonion widening (c.5mm each side) with custom plates. My main reason for removing implants was 1) I wanted to fix underlying lack of projection and 2) I wanted a more flared gonion look and a more refined design.

When designing my bimax Dr Ramieri superimposed my implants to set the level of widening, so my post bimax width is the same as what it previously was with the implants

My old design is shown below, these were removed during the bimax

I now want to plan a new set of implants

The main thing I wanted to ask about was that I had 'mild' massetter dihescence with the first set of jaw implants. It was pretty invisible from the side, the only thing was I lost a bit of definition from the front as the masseter was more bunched up and hid my gonions a bit, but on a 1-10 scale it was probably a 2 or 3 out of 10 in terms of severity

Is there a way that I can design the implants so that the dihescence is no worse than last time? I had it pretty mild last time and therefore if its no worse than that i'd be happy. But im terrified at the risk it would get even worse second time round. I know that whatever implant I do have will not be 100% covered by the masseter because even after bimax the masseter is permanently dettached

My main goals with the implant designs is angular gonions rather than rounded from the side profile, plus having visible flared gonions for the v shaped jawline from the front. Dr Ramieri suggested I would not need very large implants at all

If you have a rounder slightly smoother thicker implant contour does this mean that if you do get implant reveal, it doesnt look as bad as its not so much of a sharp edge?

@RealSurgerymax

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: anticel and jfbjfb
Did u ascend?

• +1
Reactions: extremchange628181 and rdqs
Did u ascend?
Bimax result was a 10/10 job. The only things that need refining are:
  1. I have a slightly rounded gonion/short ramus
  2. Due to my case you can see one gonion is higher than the other
  3. I dont have naturally flared gonions, so I dont get the look like the below which is what I want. So my side profile and 3/4 is a lot stronger than my front, although thanks to the bimax widening my jaw isn't 'narrow'

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: extremchange628181, zura, redmaxx and 2 others
  3. I dont have naturally flared gonions, so I dont get the look like the below which is what I want. So my side profile and 3/4 is a lot stronger than my front, although thanks to the bimax widening my jaw isn't 'narrow'
View attachment 2356921View attachment 2356927
I’m skipping bimax and going straight into gonion and chin implants. If I still lack mandible forward growth, I’ll just continue jutting for life JFL

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: rdqs and zeek
I’m skipping bimax and going straight into gonion and chin implants. If I still lack mandible forward growth, I’ll just continue jutting for life JFL
fair, you can sometimes immitate the bimax with a 'mini chin wing' or genioplasty with an extended cut, which is 10x easier to recover from and loads cheaper

• +1
Reactions: rdqs, RoyaleWithCheese and Reformed
View attachment 2356921View attachment 2356927
how was ur jaw before , nice result

• +1
Reactions: rdqs
Ascension pics via dm?

We're talking in the ballroom of 50k spent just to look about the same. JFL.

I swear half the people who get jaw implants here go back to have them removed, do a bimax and then redo jaw implants.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: inwardgonionscel, extremchange628181, blackckatt and 2 others

I swear half the people who get jaw implants here go back to have them removed, do a bimax and then redo jaw implants.
Life is about making mistakes and learning from them my man. Admittedly when I got the first set of implants I knew less than half of what I know now. But its easy to say that in retrospect. I dont regret my first set of implants as if I hadn't done it I never would have learned the lessons I learned gotten bimax. A lot of what I learned from the implants informed my custom bimax planning

Also, your statement 'to look about the same' is abjectly false, I look a good 30% better than when I first started my journey, and also with the bimax and no jaw implants I look a good 15% better than I did with implants and no bimax as my whole face has great forward growth now.

Also, candidly Im in the top 0.1% of incomes from my job so I can afford it.

If you go back and look at my comments on your posts you'll note I've always been positive, kind and constructive with my comments, it is a shame you don't have the same persona on here towards others.

Side note: keen to see your implant results once you have them :)

• +1
Reactions: Shrekguy3838, MaxxedOut, extremchange628181 and 10 others
Life is about making mistakes and learning from them my man. Admittedly when I got the first set of implants I knew less than half of what I know now. But its easy to say that in retrospect. I dont regret my first set of implants as if I hadn't done it I never would have learned the lessons I learned gotten bimax. A lot of what I learned from the implants informed my custom bimax planning

Also, your statement 'to look about the same' is abjectly false, I look a good 30% better than when I first started my journey, and also with the bimax and no jaw implants I look a good 15% better than I did with implants and no bimax as my whole face has great forward growth now.

If you go back and look at my comments on your posts you'll note I've always been positive, kind and constructive with my comments, it is a shame you don't have the same persona on here towards others.

Did u ever share your bimax b&a?

Did u ever share your bimax b&a?
I don't share pics of myself sorry, but if you go on my post I shared some stock pics which roughly resemble my before and after

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735

Will post updates as soon as I'm debloated. Right now I look like a complete mess.

Nothing against you brah, it's just that It's a shame to see people spend their hard earned money over mistakes who could have been avoided.Well if you can afford it without too much stress about, more power to you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: anticel, Deleted member 29167 and politically correct
Will post updates as soon as I'm debloated. Right now I look like a complete mess.

Nothing against you brah, it's just that It's a shame to see people spend their hard earned money over mistakes who could have been avoided.Well if you can afford it without too much stress about, more power to you.
Do you think fat grafts mog infras?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
Do you think fat grafts mog infras?
I need to wait another two weeks to have a definitive answer but for the moment saddle infras was the best investment : it raised my sagging lower eyelid, corrected the hollowness and gave projection. I'm still swollen so maybe it's just the results of the swelling but wait and see.

Fat grafts mog but a lot of the fat tends to be resorbed by the body so a lot of people need a second round to compensate for that, even if the surgeon often overfill to counter this effect.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, tom69, SubHumanHere and 3 others
Do you share b/a?

Life is about making mistakes and learning from them my man.
cope. life is about doing everything perfectly first try so you can reap all the rewards. what are you gonna do with all your knowledge and lessons when you're 70 years old?

anyway, how much difference did the widening make?

• +1
Reactions: inwardgonionscel, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 29167
cope. life is about doing everything perfectly first try so you can reap all the rewards. what are you gonna do with all your knowledge and lessons when you're 70 years old?

anyway, how much difference did the widening make?
I used said knowledge to make my bimax optimised, so thats my reward

Widening was great, good harmony and stretching of soft tissues, I just want to refine it now

Why not both? Thats what MrRubiks did and his results mog hard
Preferably I’d only get fat grafts. Even if the result is a bit subpar to getting both..

• +1
I used said knowledge to make my bimax optimised, so thats my reward

Widening was great, good harmony and stretching of soft tissues, I just want to refine it now
Can you post B&A of just your jaw, pre-implant vs post widening?

• +1
why get jaw implants instead of filler, don't get it.

unless ur a severe jawcel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679
I need to wait another two weeks to have a definitive answer but for the moment saddle infras was the best investment : it raised my sagging lower eyelid, corrected the hollowness and gave projection. I'm still swollen so maybe it's just the results of the swelling but wait and see.

Fat grafts mog but a lot of the fat tends to be resorbed by the body so a lot of people need a second round to compensate for that, even if the surgeon often overfill to counter this effect.
Mirin, hope you ascend, did they get rid of scleral show and bug eyes look?, with who did you do it?, who was the designer?, how much did you spend on them?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, zura, seezy_feezy and 1 other person
Would you recommend the jaw widening procedure ?
Does the widening look natural ? What's the difference with the implants that you had before ?
Do you think it makes recovery harder ?

I'm also planning to get bimax with Ramieri in the next 6 months, but I'm a bit on the fence regarding the widening as it does seem to be kind of a newish procedure ?

Last edited:
When you do jaw widening in bimax is it like the entire jaw? Like all the way back to the gonions? Or just the areas of the jaw where the lefort and bsso cuts are made?

When you do jaw widening in bimax is it like the entire jaw? Like all the way back to the gonions? Or just the areas of the jaw where the lefort and bsso cuts are made?
You can see in the picture of my plan above, its kind of done 2 ways:
1. Twisting the condiles to flare out the gonions a bit
2. At the saggital split site, leaving a little gap, and filling it with bone grafts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
Would you recommend the jaw widening procedure ?
Does the widening look natural ? What's the difference with the implants that you had before ?
Do you think it makes recovery harder ?

I'm also planning to get bimax with Ramieri in the next 6 months, but I'm a bit on the fence regarding the widening as it does seem to be kind of a newish procedure ?
Its not that risky as long as you use custom plates which cost like 5k more, and you use a top surgeon which Dr Ramieri is

I dont think recovery changes, but full bone healing will take longer, theres a very slightly increased risk of infection as you need to use bone grafts if you widen the jaw

It looks very natural, main difference is the massetter attached naturally to your bone, but with implants it was sat slightly funny over the plastic

Implants can be more custom, a widening bimax cant really change the 'shape' of your gonions eg. if you have inward pointing gonions like me, hence why im planning to get new implants placed

You can see in the picture of my plan above, its kind of done 2 ways:
1. Twisting the condiles to flare out the gonions a bit
2. At the saggital split site, leaving a little gap, and filling it with bone grafts

lmfao why does he do that shit with the animations?

his vibe is like if brexit geezer became a maxfac

Classic example of this forum, 34 comments and not 1 of them addresses my question

If you’re in such a good financial situation why don’t you go to Pagnoni instead? He’s the king of implants.

If you’re in such a good financial situation why don’t you go to Pagnoni instead? He’s the king of implants.
Dr Ramieri knows my goals and has performed 2 surgeries on me so far, so we have a good rapport

what is your bizygomatic width? gonion width before and after widening?

nvm i measured it from your pic. bizygoma about 14cm? gonions 11.1cm after

Last edited:
what is your bizygomatic width? gonion width before and after widening?

nvm i measured it from your pic. bizygoma about 14cm? gonions 11.1cm after
i have no idea

was is not possible to get implants placed at the same time? or did you want to see your face after bimax before designing the new implants?

fair, you can sometimes immitate the bimax with a 'mini chin wing' or genioplasty with an extended cut, which is 10x easier to recover from and loads cheaper
what is the mini chin wing you mention and where do I get it

was is not possible to get implants placed at the same time? or did you want to see your face after bimax before designing the new implants?
we were considering it, but decided against as it was too hard to plan and also the risk of infection is elevated

what is the mini chin wing you mention and where do I get it
I know @TheLordMadness had it, its basically a deep cut genioplasty, I think Dr Ramieri does it for the right patient, not sure about others but I suppose most elite maxfacs would consider it if it was appropriate

I know @TheLordMadness had it, its basically a deep cut genioplasty, I think Dr Ramieri does it for the right patient, not sure about others but I suppose most elite maxfacs would consider it if it was appropriate

• +1
Reactions: zeek
Careful with that as it will automatically create a step that you would have to take into account for your jaw angle implants.

TheLordMadness had steps, I had them too. Mini chin wing mogs as it creates a very square looking chin but it has some drawbacks too.

• +1
Reactions: politically correct
w
why are you skipping bimax?

Uesh tu me fait peur la

Uesh tu me fait peur la
Parce que ce sont des mentalcels. One shot et c'est parfait pour mon cas. La moitié du forum est mentalement dérangé et espère ressembler à des Dieux avec ces opérations.

• JFL
Reactions: blackckatt
Its not that risky as long as you use custom plates which cost like 5k more, and you use a top surgeon which Dr Ramieri is

I dont think recovery changes, but full bone healing will take longer, theres a very slightly increased risk of infection as you need to use bone grafts if you widen the jaw

It looks very natural, main difference is the massetter attached naturally to your bone, but with implants it was sat slightly funny over the plastic

Implants can be more custom, a widening bimax cant really change the 'shape' of your gonions eg. if you have inward pointing gonions like me, hence why im planning to get new implants placed
yea i was thinking of getting implants cuz i cant afford anything more serious as of now and ive been wondering about the masseter. When they put the implants does it go over the massetter and interfere with it?