Alar cinch during bimax

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
I know many surgeons like to use alar cinch and/or vy closure or other similar tactics to prevent changes to the nose, but is it just me or is the extra projection and upturn from the bimax pretty aesthetic? Nose widening def not ideal though but still, I don't wanna look flat-nosed after double jaw surgery.

What do you guys think? Is the projection+upturn good AND is it worth risking the widening? I'm thinking it might not be in my case since my nose is already overprojected looking in my case + nose already a bit too wide and bulbous so I think the cons outweigh the pros.

Does it really work? I’ve seen many results of surgeons who supposedly use these techniques and still the nose changes massively

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Does it really work? I’ve seen many results of surgeons who supposedly use these techniques and still the nose changes massively
if the surgeon is shitty then they can fuck it up, which surgeon results did you see?

These techniques do not prevent nose widening, they MIGHT soften it. If you get big maxxila movements your nose will suffer A LOT. Definately should be avoided if one is to look for best aesthetic outcome.

Nose upturn is unpredictable and will most of thr time not result in the perfect result, since a good nose is measured by the milimiter. If one wants a better nose he should just be inteligent and get a rhinoplasty.

There is a huge reason surgeons avoid huge maxilla movements save for severe sleep apnea cases. Even in class 3 cases they usually set the mandible back a few mm to make the advancement smaller.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 32196, bradpittshairline, Deleted member 19766 and 1 other person
These techniques do not prevent nose widening, they MIGHT soften it. If you get big maxxila movements your nose will suffer A LOT. Definately should be avoided if one is to look for best aesthetic outcome.

Nose upturn is unpredictable and will most of thr time not result in the perfect result, since a good nose is measured by the milimiter. If one wants a better nose he should just be inteligent and get a rhinoplasty.

There is a huge reason surgeons avoid huge maxilla movements save for severe sleep apnea cases. Even in class 3 cases they usually set the mandible back a few mm to make the advancement smaller.

Are you guessing the reasons or do you have a source?

• +1

do u think an alar cinch and vy closure are worth it to soften the nose widening, or does the fact that it prevents projection (even though im not really in need of it) plus upturn make it not worth it?

What would be the impact of a lf1 movement that is just about 10 degrees of rotation which would result in 2-3mm ANS advancement. Would it be small? Especially regarding nose WIDENING

Donald Trump Reaction GIF

• JFL
Reactions: greyrock45 and hansmoleman

do u think vy closure and alar cinch are worth it to prevent nose widening though? because i DO think the extra projection and upturn are of NOT GETTING THEM are good but i already have a nice nose from the side and overly projected nose but my nose is a bit too fat. what do u think i should do?
What would be the impact of a lf1 movement that is just about 10 degrees of rotation which would result in 2-3mm ANS advancement. Would it be small? Especially regarding nose WIDENING
r u just getting 10 degree rotation with no advancement? ccw right?

do u think vy closure and alar cinch are worth it to prevent nose widening though? because i DO think the extra projection and upturn are of NOT GETTING THEM are good but i already have a nice nose from the side and overly projected nose but my nose is a bit too fat. what do u think i should do?

r u just getting 10 degree rotation with no advancement? ccw right?
how the fuck would i know without scans and knowing your natural head posture. cant imaginemaxx your face. if Sn point is already 8mm or more ahead of forehead, i would 100% not get it.

yah if your getting huge maxilla movement you obviously should do it. it just wont prevent widening as you think it will. what im against is huge unecessary maxilla movements if your aiming for aesthetics. alfaromaxx is a meme

Last edited:
  • +1
how the fuck would i know without scans and knowing your natural head posture. cant imaginemaxx your face. if Sn point is already 8mm or more ahead of forehead, i would 100% not get it.

yah if your getting huge maxilla movement you obviously should do it. it just wont prevent widening as you think it will. what im against is huge unecessary maxilla movements if your aiming for aesthetics. alfaromaxx is a meme